internal dynDNS service - without 3rd party service like NOIP / dynDNS.org for client-to-site VPN

midec
midec Posts: 2
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
An important feature for us is an external dynDNS address, so that you can access the network from anywhere even without a fixed WAN IP and without any 3rd party SAS provider like NOIP, dynDNS.org. We need this to connect Client-to-site-VPN. Is a feature in this direction planed?

Comments

• Nebula_Bayardo
    Nebula_Bayardo Posts: 179  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @midec,

Thanks for your input! :)

Besides the 3rd party providers, we also provide a self-hosted option, you can find it on Gateway > Configure > Interface addressing

Is this what are you looking for?
  • midec
    midec Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Thank you for your fast answer. I´m not sure if we talking about the same.
    Selfhosting dynDNS requires an on site service running, but for our use case, Zyxel should host this for us. For information in detail open following link. We you this this feature with cisco meraki:
    The Cisco Meraki MX Security Appliance uses Dynamic DNS (DDNS) to update its DNS host record automatically each time its public IP address changes. This feature is useful because it allows the administrator to configure applications such as client VPN to access the MX by its hostname which is static instead of an IP address that may change over time.
    https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Other_Topics/Dynamic_DNS_(DDNS)#Enabling_Dynamic_DNS

• Nebula_Bayardo
    Nebula_Bayardo Posts: 179  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @midec
    Got it! Unfortunately, this service is not yet available on NCC. If you allow me, I can move this thread to the Ideas section and we'll put it on our roadmap, or you can post a new comment over there if you want.

In the meantime, isn't NOIP free version feasible for you?

Cheers :)

Nebula Tips & Tricks