NWA210AX lower transmit power on 5GHz compared to NWA90AX

2»

All Replies

• Zyxel_HsinBo
    Zyxel_HsinBo Posts: 220  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited December 2022

Thanks for your reply !
    As we mentioned above, the EIRP directly calculate would be theoritical, with factors such as horizontal and vertical polarization which would impact the real output power in reality, all our product are in compliance with regulations! NWA210AX is quip with 4x4 antenna and with more powerful hardware, the performance must better than the NWA90AX, please enjoy the usage without worries!

And since there are radio ability discrepancy from each AP model, we provide user to configure the maximum radio power of the value 30 dBm on Nebula, but based on the ideal power setup  on Nebula, the real output power is according to the radio capability of each AP model.
    Thank you.
  • malakudi
    malakudi Posts: 39  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Thanks for your reply !
    As we mentioned above, the EIRP directly calculate would be theoritical, with factors such as horizontal and vertical polarization which would impact the real output power in reality, all our product are in compliance with regulations! NWA210AX is quip with 4x4 antenna and with more powerful hardware, the performance must better than the NWA90AX, please enjoy the usage without worries!

And since there are radio ability discrepancy from each AP model, we provide user to configure the maximum radio power of the value 30 dBm on Nebula, but based on the ideal power setup  on Nebula, the real output power is according to the radio capability of each AP model.
    Thank you.
    Well, this is not true in my installation environment. NWA210AX performs much worse compared to NWA90AX. When placed at the exact same location on my ground floor, my dish washer machine (which is a few meters away at the kitchen - AP is on the living room) has -73 to -76 dBm connection with NWA90AX while it only has -83 to -86 dBm with NWA210AX (and usually disconnects due to low signal). Both APs are configured on same channel (100) with same bandwidth (80MHz). Nebula shows 22 dBm for NWA210AX while 26 dBm for NWA90AX. Still the difference is more than 4 dB when client is connected to NWA90AX. Other clients also show differences of around 5-6 dBm. And this is getting even worse if I use lower channels (36-64).

• malakudi
    malakudi Posts: 39  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    edited December 2022
    I want to return NWA210AX for a complete refund, or replacement with NWA90AX + money back. NWA210AX has been repeatedly showing worst performance and incompatibility issues with some of my clients (see other thread about KS8000). Someone at Zyxel please contact me to arrange this, since I can't just return NWA210AX to where I bought it.
    Very dissapointed with NWA210AX, paid almost double the price of NWA90AX, expecting better performance and got an inferior product.

Nebula Tips & Tricks