SBG3300_NB00 connecting problem

meisam
meisam Posts: 2
Friend Collector First Comment
edited December 2022 in Smart Home Product
I have a SBG3300_NB00 wireless router. I have configured it under IPOE encapsulation and everything seems to be ok (In the status page is written that the ethernet is active), but when I connect to the router through the LAN or Wifi I have no internet. While when I connect the ethernet directly to my laptop and set the same IP address manually I have connection.

All Replies

• okimarukas
    okimarukas Posts: 87  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    You may check to ping to your router gateway or maybe google DNS when connected with the wifi.
  • tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 825  Guru Member
    edited December 2022
    Hello @meisam

There could be a number of things going on.

As @okimarukas wrote, you need to check that you can reach your router over WiFi or LAN.
             - if it does not work, then DHCP might need configuring on your router.

If & When PING works then DNS could be the issue, as DNS is so important for translating web addresses into IP addresses.

There is a quick start guide available at https://prodotti.zyxel.it/USERSGUIDE/ZYXSBG-3300.pdf in English that might help you.
         - If you want to put in the IPv4 addresses of Google's public DNS servers, then they are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 with DNS set to Static.
                   - figure 52 in the quick start guide for LAN set-up shows where you can enter them.

Which operating systems are your clients on WiFi and LAN using? Windows? MacOS? Android?
         - if you can say, then people here might be able to give you further troubleshooting help.

Kind regards,
         Tony
  • Thank you Tony. I have a static ip address and a static DNS after connecting through wifi I cannot ping the gateway and also when I ping 4.2.2.4 or 8.8.8.8 it says request timed out.
    are you telling that I should put a public DNS like google's in the configuration?

Hello @meisam

There could be a number of things going on.

As @okimarukas wrote, you need to check that you can reach your router over WiFi or LAN.
             - if it does not work, then DHCP might need configuring on your router.

If & When PING works then DNS could be the issue, as DNS is so important for translating web addresses into IP addresses.

There is a quick start guide available at https://prodotti.zyxel.it/USERSGUIDE/ZYXSBG-3300.pdf in English that might help you.
         - If you want to put in the IPv4 addresses of Google's public DNS servers, then they are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 with DNS set to Static.
                   - figure 52 in the quick start guide for LAN set-up shows where you can enter them.

Which operating systems are your clients on WiFi and LAN using? Windows? MacOS? Android?
         - if you can say, then people here might be able to give you further troubleshooting help.

Kind regards,
         Tony

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 825  Guru Member
    Hello @meisam

Yes I think that it would help you if you put the Google public DNS servers of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in the configuration with DNS set to static.

However, being able to ping the gateway is the first step. 
         - You need to check that the gateway, i.e. your router SBG3300 , is on the same subnet as the device you are trying to ping from.
                - for example if your SBG3000 has IPv4 address of 192.168.1.1 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 then a device with an IPv4 address of 192.168.1.10 should be able to ping it.

- but a device with an IPv4 address of 192.168.0.10 would not be able to ping 192.168.1.1 directly, because they are not on the same subnet.

- if the first 3 octets of the IPv4 address are the same for the device and the SBG3300 then you have a chance of ping working.

I hope that this works for you.

Kind regards,
         Tony

Consumer Product Help Center