STA Leave (L2UPFrame)

eBBox
eBBox Posts: 4
Friend Collector First Comment
Hello

Im no network expert, but will try to explain properly :-)

I have a NR5101 5G router connected with cable to NWA50AX + another NWA50AX in smart mesh mode. Network setup in Nebula software.

All my devices constantly got dropped over wifi connection with one SSID.

So have seperated my 2.4GHz and 5HGz to a XXX_2.4G and XXX_5G, but im still getting the problem.

Especially our Apple devices keeps getting dropped. This has not been the case with any other routers ever, so its not a special setting Ive done on one single Apple device. Apple TVs, iPhones, Macbooks looses connection often, but also XBOX and Windows PC's have the problem.

Ive attached the eventlog.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem? :-)

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 522  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited December 2022

We would like to know more info with your AP, may I know what is your AP current firmware version? We have done some enhancement with the Smart Mesh function in the latest firmware V6.29(ABYW.1), could you please help us to upgrade your AP to the latest firmware ? 

If the problem still existing, please help us to enable the Zyxel support at Nebula CC >> Help center > Support request and provide us your org/site name, we will help you to have a further check.  

Kay  

Kay

• eBBox
    Hello Kay

Thank you for your answer.
    My latest firmware is V6.29(ABYW.1) so it should be fine.

I think I have narrowed it down to my Macbook M1 Air. Because, since I split the SSID's to 2.4GHz and 5GHz all units but Macbook works great.

And I can see on the internet that Macbooks with M1 seems to have Wifi problems. I just wonder why I didnt have any problems before with my Netgear Orbi Wifi.

If you have the time some day, It would be very nice if you can check my settings for any obvious bad settings? :-)

I have enabled Support request, is it safe to write my organisation name here or?
    I took the liberty to write name to you in PM.

Best regards and have a nice day :-)
  • eBBox
    Just another comment.

My wife tells me, that she have to restart Apple tv's daily also (connected to 5G), which we never had to do before. So aparently its not just mu Macbook which causes problems.
  • Zyxel_Kay

Hi @eBBox  

Thanks for providing more details with your problem. I have received your org/site information, we will help you to look into the problem soon. If we have any update, I will reply at here. 

Kay  

Kay

• Zyxel_Kay

Hi @eBBox

As we chatted in private message before, your problem is resolved after changing mobile router’s SSID to separate it from NWA50AX.

We here have tried to replicate your problem with the same topology {NR5101 --- NWA50AX ))) NWA50AX} and device {Macbook M1 Air} as yours, but we didn’t meet the same symptom as yours.

So, if your meet the same problem again in the future, we would like you to share more information like your new network topology (includes the wired clients on NR5101), device firmware version, the event log and more details that cause the event.  

Kay

Kay

Nebula Tips & Tricks