Can't reset modem DX5401

Options
Hi all, I lost the access to my modem DX5401 so I want to reset it but nothing happen using the reset key in the back. I tried to keep it 3 minutes but the modem still don't reset. Can someone please teach me the right steps to reset it?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

• sellerdash
    sellerdash Posts: 5
    First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think this will surely help you. Unplug the router and modem. Wait at least 30 seconds. Plug in the modem and press the power button to turn it on, if needed. Wait at least 60 seconds and then plug in the router. Press the power button to turn it on, if needed. Wait at least 2 minutes before testing or using the devices.  :)

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,300  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Router DX5401 has been bought by you or was provided by the ISP?
  • sellerdash
    sellerdash Posts: 5
    First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think this will surely help you. Unplug the router and modem. Wait at least 30 seconds. Plug in the modem and press the power button to turn it on, if needed. Wait at least 60 seconds and then plug in the router. Press the power button to turn it on, if needed. Wait at least 2 minutes before testing or using the devices.  :)
  • Wirpool
    Options
    mMontana said:
    Router DX5401 has been bought by you or was provided by the ISP?
    It was provided by my ISP.
  • Wirpool
    Options
    Thankyou, I will try it ASAP and post the result.

Consumer Product Help Center