Slow 5G speeds with NR5101

John_t
John_t Posts: 11
First Comment Friend Collector
 Freshman Member
I have a NR5101 which is situated at a window facing a Vodafone 5G mast approximately 30 metres away but only gets around 70mb speeds (connected via ethernet cable). When I use the same Vodafone SIM card in my phone in same location I get around 500mb speeds. According to the router it is receiving a good 5G signal. Any idea why the NR5101 is not getting similar speeds. Is it faulty do you think?


«13

All Replies

  • SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 131
    First Answer First Comment Friend Collector First Anniversary
     Ally Member
    edited January 14
    SINR only 4?
    Latest firmware?
    Bands set to auto?

    Switch for internal/external antenna in the right position?


  • John_t
    John_t Posts: 11
    First Comment Friend Collector
     Freshman Member
    SELBERG said:
    SINR only 4?
    Latest firmware?
    Bands set to auto?

    Switch for internal/external antenna in the right position?


    Have tried several firmwares including latest. Bands are set to auto. Antenna is set to internal.
  • SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 131
    First Answer First Comment Friend Collector First Anniversary
     Ally Member
    edited January 14
    Preferred Access Technology is set to auto? 

    And you did a properly factory reset with @ least 15 secs pushing the reset button?

    Your firmware is V1.00(ABVC.6)C0 ?

    Latest module firmware?

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9jssva1hqxvhzq/V1.00(ABVC.6)C0.bin?dl=0
  • SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 131
    First Answer First Comment Friend Collector First Anniversary
     Ally Member
    edited January 14
    Someone wrote in a forum following.

    Select the fastest 4g and 5g bands manually from your isp so you wont connect to the low speed bands.

    Yours @John_t is connected to B8 so try disable that band and also B20 if it is in your area..... 

    Enable B1 and n78, maybe you have more speedbands in your area, i don´t know. 
  • John_t
    John_t Posts: 11
    First Comment Friend Collector
     Freshman Member
    SELBERG said:
    Preferred Access Technology is set to auto? 

    And you did a properly factory reset with @ least 15 secs pushing the reset button?

    Your firmware is V1.00(ABVC.6)C0 ?

    Latest module firmware?

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9jssva1hqxvhzq/V1.00(ABVC.6)C0.bin?dl=0
    Preferred Access Technology is set to auto. I have tried a factory reset but not recently. I will try a factory reset again as a last resort. V1.00(ABVC.6)C0 firmware is what am I am running currently.
  • John_t
    John_t Posts: 11
    First Comment Friend Collector
     Freshman Member
    SELBERG said:
    Someone wrote in a forum following.

    Select the fastest 4g and 5g bands manually from your isp so you wont connect to the low speed bands.

    Yours @John_t is connected to B8 so try disable that band and also B20 if it is in your area..... 

    Enable B1 and n78, maybe you have more speedbands in your area, i don´t know. 
    If I set the bands to manual and only select the fastest bands, there is a chance it will lose internet connection (if it's unable to connect to fastest bands) and as I am connected to the router remotely I will have to wait until I am nearby the router to do this just in case. I only have until the end of the January to return so will make sure this is done before then.
  • SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 131
    First Answer First Comment Friend Collector First Anniversary
     Ally Member
    Only 30 meters away from a Vodaphone 5G? 

    Sounds very strange you have that poor signal.

    You wrote: "According to the router it is receiving a good 5G signal". 

    Where do you see that?
    The picture you show is very bad sinr, not good RSRQ.....

    What more bands does it connect too
    NR-band?
    LTE-band?

    Show a pic of it......

    Which module firmware do you use?







  • John_t
    John_t Posts: 11
    First Comment Friend Collector
     Freshman Member
    SELBERG said:
    Only 30 meters away from a Vodaphone 5G? 

    Sounds very strange you have that poor signal.

    You wrote: "According to the router it is receiving a good 5G signal". 

    Where do you see that?
    The picture you show is very bad sinr, not good RSRQ.....

    What more bands does it connect too
    NR-band?
    LTE-band?

    Show a pic of it......

    Which module firmware do you use?
    Firmware Version
    V1.00(ABVC.6)C0

    Module SW Version
    RG502QEAAAR11A03M4G

    Cellular Status
    Cellular Status
    Up
    Data Roaming
    Enable
    Operator
    vodafone UK
    PLMN
    23415
    NR-NSA Information
    MCC
    234
    MNC
    15
    Physical Cell ID
    N/A
    RFCN
    628032
    Band
    n78
    RSRP
    -68
    RSRQ
    -12
    SINR
    34
    Service Information
    Access Technology
    5G NR-NSA EN-DC
    Band
    LTE_BC8
    RSSI
    -31
    Cell ID
    4208140
    Physical Cell ID
    365
    UL Bandwidth (MHz)
    10
    DL Bandwidth (MHz)
    10
    RFCN
    3624
    RSRP
    -63
    RSRQ
    -15
    RSCP
    N/A
    EcNo
    N/A
    TAC
    24723
    LAC
    N/A
    RAC
    N/A
    BSIC
    N/A
    SINR
    2
    CQI
    13
    MCS
    16
    RI
    1
    PMI
    29
    PSC
    N/A
    SCC Information
    # 1
    Physical Cell ID
    233
    RFCN
    2850
    Band
    LTE_BC7
    RSSI
    -56
    RSRP
    -78
    RSRQ
    -12
    SINR
    16
    # 2
    Physical Cell ID
    393
    RFCN
    323
    Band
    LTE_BC1
    RSSI
    -45
    RSRP
    -68
    RSRQ
    -13
    SINR
    16

    The cellular WAN shows 5 full green bars of signal (it was 1 yellow bar when the 5G mast went offline briefly for maintainence)

    This is where the router is situated, the 5G cell tower is on top of that building over the road (confirmed using cellmapper app).



    How do I find out what bands it can connect to?
  • SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 131
    First Answer First Comment Friend Collector First Anniversary
     Ally Member
    edited January 15
    That's look really good, i wonder if it is something wrong in your network.
    Cables, networkcard or something else in your network.
    Is it same slow speed in your wifi from 5101?



  • John_t
    John_t Posts: 11
    First Comment Friend Collector
     Freshman Member
    SELBERG said:
    That's look really good, i wonder if it is something wrong in your network.
    Cables, networkcard or something else in your network.
    Is it same slow speed in your wifi from 5101?



    I'd be surprised if the Aruba switch that it is connected to is causing a bottleneck but I guess I could try connecting directly to the router the next time I'm nearby to it I could check.

    The wifi from 5101 was disabled because it would crash after 30+ wifi devices connected to it and I've added a wireless AP to it now which so far has been reliable.

    If I disable all LTE bands (LTE_BC8, LTE_BC7, LTE_BC1 etc) and just leave NR_N78 enabled, will it lose connection? I've tried just leaving LTE_BC1 + NR_N78 enabled but speeds are the same:

    NR-NSA Information
    MCC
    234
    MNC
    15
    Physical Cell ID
    N/A
    RFCN
    628032
    Band
    n78
    RSRP
    -66
    RSRQ
    -11
    SINR
    34
    Service Information
    Access Technology
    5G NR-NSA EN-DC
    Band
    LTE_BC1
    RSSI
    -36
    Cell ID
    4208142
    Physical Cell ID
    393
    UL Bandwidth (MHz)
    15
    DL Bandwidth (MHz)
    15
    RFCN
    323
    RSRP
    -68
    RSRQ
    -13
    RSCP
    N/A
    EcNo
    N/A
    TAC
    24723
    LAC
    N/A
    RAC
    N/A
    BSIC
    N/A
    SINR
    6
    CQI
    13
    MCS
    19
    RI
    3
    PMI
    40
    PSC
    N/A

Consumer Product Help Center