NR5101 Nebula GUI Login, Suggestion.

Options
2»

All Replies

• Gelphyn
    Options
    I am sorry a problem occurred as I attempted to locate my cursor below the screenshot in the previous post. It seems I inadvertently Posted the unfinished message.

Regarding the web-based GUI Access, there are no changes, i.e., navigating to the IP Address and entering my credentials manually. The process is faultless. 
    Please tell me how the applied access restriction must be verified, i.e., can I test, or is independent testing necessary?

In the screenshot below, I disabled the two 'enabled' WAN services following your directions. Please can you confirm I have understood correctly?

Thanks for your patience. It is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes, G.
  • Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 939  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @Gelphyn ,
    Would it be appropriate for new users to be directed to do this when setting up their hardware?
    Each NR5101 has the different factory password with letters, numerals and symbols, so there is no password changing screen when setting the router. In case users still 'd like to change the password at web GUI, please go to Maintenance > User account. However after registering to the Nebula, the router will use the password of Nebula’s site-wide, so recommend changing the password at Nebula > Site-wide.

Below is a screenshot as it has always been, i.e., without any input from me:

Yes, your MGNT Services screenshot is our default for Router mode. When unchecking box at WAN that means there is no access to your router from the Internet.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 939  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @Gelphyn,

Regarding the web-based GUI Access, there are no changes, i.e., navigating to the IP Address and entering my credentials manually. The process is faultless. 
    You can use PM to navigate to the IP address or type the router IP address on the URL and then enter username and password to login.

In the screenshot below, I disabled the two 'enabled' WAN services following your directions. Please can you confirm I have understood correctly?

Yes. In the screenshot of MGNT Services for IP Passthough, it is used when your set the mode for router as IP Passthrough mode. When you unchecking box, same to the Router mode, there is no access to your router from the Internet.

Please tell me how the applied access restriction must be verified, i.e., can I test, or is independent testing necessary?

To verify the applied access restriction, in case there is IP passthrough mode for example, you can follow the below step:

Case 1: Service as PT_HTTP, enable WAN. From the Internet, use the router’s IP and port 20080, you can access the router login web GUI.

Case 2: Service as PT_HTTP, uncheck enable WAN. From the Internet, use the router’s IP and port 20080, you can’t access the router login web GUI.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

Nebula Tips & Tricks