Nebula Cloud - Switch SNMPv3 not supported?

Options
Hello,
May I kindly ask anyone here with Nebula Cloud solution if you have managed to configure Switch with SNMPv3 through Nebula Cloud?
I do have a switch GS1350-18HP which on it's own should be supporting SNMPv3, however once it is Cloud managed by Nebula there is NO option to select SNMPv3.

Is SNMPv3 even supported by current Nebula cloud? Or maybe it is only PRO feature and first PRO license needs to be applied? At the moment I have PLUS license and SNMPv3 is not available.

Thank you in advance,
Martin

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,639  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @MartinCZ,

Welcome to the Zyxel community!
    Currently, the Nebula cloud only supports SNMPv2. I have helped create an idea post for your requirement.
    Anyone who likes this idea can vote or leave a comment on that post.

Zyxel Melen

• MartinCZ
    Options
    Hi Melen,
    Thank you very much, appreciate. For me it's a bit silly that switch can be configured with SNMPv3 in standalone mode, however once it is switched to Cloud managed mode it is missing this essential secure way for SNMP configuration. 
    In these days I would say SNMPv3 for infrastructure related components is something mandatory rather optional and therefore for me it make perfect sense for Nebula Cloud to be able to configure managed appliances with SNMPv3 as well.

Thank you
    Martin
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,639  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @MartinCZ,

Thanks for your feedback.
    But I'm curious about why you need to use SNMP when your devices are using Nebula mode?
    Could you share your scenario or is there any function that Nebula lacks?

Zyxel Melen

• MartinCZ
    Options
    Hi @Zyxel_Melen,
    Well our company has already global monitoring system and countries are used to it. Since we are rather big company it is essential for us to unify technologies under single monitoring platform for our countries. That implies also triggering alerts, tickets, incidents based on severity of an issue. Since we have all this developed it would be silly to move for some portion to something new and re-develop all processes at our end.
    Also it doesn't make any sense for Nebula Cloud platform to be able to configure switch with SNMP but only v1/v2c if switch is capable of SNMPv3 for increased security, specifically in recent years and future. Should be fairly simple to add this functionality to Nebula to push SNMPv3 configuration to the switch.

As said maybe to be small a business, yes I do agree Nebula can provide a lot, however once you company size grows usually dedicated monitoring system is deployed and needs to be capable to discover all devices over standard monitoring protocol which is SNMPv3.

Well hope it does make sense. Let me know if not. I'm sorry for late response I have not noticed this message sooner.

Take care,
    Martin

Nebula Tips & Tricks