NSG simutanous l2tp VPN connections

Options
Adii
Adii Posts: 4
First Comment
edited February 2023 in Nebula
Hello,
We have a NSG50 (without licence) and 2 laptops. We can't connect the both PCs with the VPN.
PC1 alone is OK, PC2 alone is OK, but when the PC1 is already connected, I can't connect the PC2's VPN. And when the PC2 is connected I can't connect the PC1's VPN.
Could you explain me why?
Thanks

All Replies

• smb_corp_user
    smb_corp_user Posts: 161  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Difficult to be absolutely certain, since we don't have the VPN setup details, but it sounds like you have configured a dynamic VPN connection automatically assigned to the computer initiating the connection, and only that IP address alone. (Single IP assigned for your side of the connection.)

You want to configure a WAN-2-WAN connection based on the NSG50 WAN IP address, not the PC LAN IP address. Consider creating a static VPN connection.

(Maybe this is not the cause, but it is a common mistake to make when setting up VPN.)
  • Adii
    First Comment
    Options
    Thanks for your answer. I forgot to tell that we use L2TP nomad VPN access on both laptop with different cloud authentication users. We have enough IP adresses.
    I'm about to buy the licence but I'd like to be sure that will solve my problem.
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,302  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    bridged (bad idea) or routed L2TP?
  • Adii
    First Comment
    Options
    routed L2TP
  • Adii
    First Comment
    Options
    Sorry, I call the support but the both laptop has been connected successfully.  

Nebula Tips & Tricks