Change Settings in a 5501 router from the command line

Options
jmoellers
jmoellers Posts: 7  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
Hi,
I would like to enable/disable telephone redirection from the command line as this is quicker and can be automated rather then going through the GUI and clicking away.
Has anyone done anything like this and can give me some help?
I have recorded each of an enable and disable session with firefox' developer tools but my first attempts to log in fail with just that message "This didn't work" (in German).
Thanks,
Josef

All Replies

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 841  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hello Josef @jmoellers

Do you have a more complete model number for your Zyxel router please?
        - There seems to be more than one model number with 5501 in it.

It will help me/us and Zyxel to help you.

Kind regards,
         Tony
  • jmoellers
    Options
    Gerätebezeichnung     Speedlink 5501
    Hardware-Version     1/00
    Software-Version     4.38.2.12.07 (Thu, 12 May 2022 14:58:14 +0200)
    Bootloader     2013.04-sphairon4.21.3
    ... and a serial#
    I could check the physical device but it's installed in a difficult place.
  • tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 841  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hello Josef @jmoellers

This is really good information and it is enough.

Unfortunately, I cannot find the user guide in English so I cannot help you further personally.

Kind regards,
         Tony
  • jmoellers
    Options
    Thanks Tony,
    I know a lot of people who speak a lot of languages. For one, I used to work for a major Linux distributor and my colleagues were spread all over the world. Also, one of my daughters-in-law speaks an amazing number of languages ...
    So, any language would be appreciated.
  • jmoellers
    Options
    I'm currently trying to just replay a session recorded using Firefox' "Web developer tools". I am aware that I need to manage eg the SESSION_ID cookie, but so far (one morning's worth of hacking), I'm hitting some unseen wall.

I had another idea, though: I do have ssh "admin" access with "root" privileges ... does anyone know if there is a route from there to change the setting? It might be easier to whip up a PERL/Expect script to log in, issue the appropriate command and then log out again (eg by severing the connection, but I usually think that's a bit hard).
  • jmoellers
    Options
    Just a thumbs up:
    I finally managed to replay the recording made with FF to enable/disable call redirection. It involved some parsing for the SESSION ID and a "tid" and then filling them in wherever they were desired.
    The biggest issue I then had was loading/parsing the recording which took considerable time as the PERL module "Archive::HAR" wanted the data as a string (5MB each!). I added some "print" statements to dump the method (GET/POST), URL, header, and, in the case of a POST, the postData to a file which I now am able to read sequentially.
    It still needs some time to act but that's due to the router being somewhat slow.
    But... anyway .. just typing "uml an" to enable redirection ("Umleitung" in German) and "uml aus" to disable it beats clicking my way through the GUI, if only I can just start the command and leave the house.

Consumer Product Help Center