NWA210AX reports external traffic on Nebula CC

Options
BerriJ
BerriJ Posts: 2
First Anniversary First Comment
edited November 2023 in Nebula

Hi,

I have the following simple topology:

So I do not have Hardware Firewall, just the router (In my case, a FritzBox! as I'm german). There are two wired connections to that Router:

• A Streaming Box
  • Zyxel NWA210AX wireless AP

The strange thing is: the NCC Dashboard reports traffic created by that streaming box as if it went through the AP. For example, look at this screenshot. AP2 had 12.9 GB of traffic in the last 24 hours. However, the wireless clients only sum up to about 2.5GB.

Just to be clear, the Streaming Box is only connected to the router, using a wired connection. There is no wired or wireless connection to the AP.

How does the AP even know about that traffic?

I'm sorry if this is a silly question. I'm by far not an expert-level network admin and my naive self just thought that the traffic of the AP clients should sum up to the overall traffic of the AP.

Thanks in advance,

BerriJ

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 951  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi BerriJ,

Thank you for sharing your current using status with us.

If the issue still happens again, please help us enable Zyxel support and record the time the issue happens. So we can help to identify the possible cause more deeply. 

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi BerriJ,

Could you share with us whether a device connected to your NWA210AX’s LAN1 port? The AP’s usage will count from both NWA210AX’s Ethernet LAN1 port and wireless clients.

In case there is no device connected to your NWA210AX’s LAN1 port, please enable customer’s Zyxel support by going to the left sidebar > Help > Support request > Invite Zyxel support as administrator, save the changes for us to check.

• BerriJ
    Options

Hi Judy,

Thank you very much for your answer. There is no device connected to the AP. However, currently, I can't reproduce the problem anymore. I'm very sorry for stealing your time. As I'm unable to reproduce it right now, I'd propose to close this issue for now and reopen/reply as the problem surfaces.

Best,

BerriJ

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi BerriJ,

Thank you for sharing your current using status with us.

If the issue still happens again, please help us enable Zyxel support and record the time the issue happens. So we can help to identify the possible cause more deeply. 

Nebula Tips & Tricks