Reduce/configure the output power of the Multy M1

Hi,

I have just installed one Multy M1, and the coverage is reaching too far. I want to reduce the output power of each of the Multy M1s (I have bought a total of 4, that I will use in bridge mode in different areas of the house). How can this be performed?

Thanks.

Eneko

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 522  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @enekofg

Multy M1’s power output could not be configure. However, to deploy your Multy M1 router and satellites, you can refer to the backhaul signal at Web configurator > Mesh. We recommend that you aim to make your satellite's backhaul signal reach the "Perfect" status for optimal performance. 

If you're using the Multy APP, you can also check the backhaul signal strength on the app. Here's a forum that discusses how to do this: How to check the signal strength for WiFi backhaul via Multy App? — Zyxel Community 

Thank you for your suggestion about the power output configuration feature. We will evaluate your suggestion and consider it for our future products.  

In fact, we have created a Consumer Idea link to gather more input from users like you on this topic. Here's the link: Power Output Configuration for WiFi System Devices — Zyxel Community 

Kay 

Kay

• enekofg
    enekofg Posts: 2
    First Comment

Hi Kay,

Thx for your prompt reply. I use wired backhaul, so I have no problem with the backhaul signal reach.

Can you share the table with the different output powers depending on the bandwidth applied to the bands (e.g. 2.4GHz 20MHz vs 40MHz, 5GHz 20MHz vs 40MHz vs 80MHz).

Thanks

Eneko

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 522  Zyxel Employee

Hi @enekofg

Just to clarify, the output power of Multy M1 is not related to the bandwidth, but it may differ between the two frequency bands.   

The conducted typical transmit output power of Multy M1 is  
    2.4GHz: < 20 dBm 
    5GHz: < 25dBM 

Kay 

Kay

• JoSoT
    JoSoT Posts: 1
    First Comment

The issue isnt with the power its the cutoff setting. Every basic accesspoint needs a settig to cutoff clients that have les then lets say 10% signal. That way roaming wil be working evem when the AP's are closer to gether. Or you wont have annoying 1% signal strength at the end of the street instead of switching over to 4g on mobile phone.

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 825  Guru Member
    edited June 2023

Hello @JoSoT

Welcome to the forum.

I think that the cutoff/handover you want would be enabled by being able to control the transmit output power of the WiFi on the M1, because (as I understand it) WiFi does not do handoff but relies on the client to make the change based on the signal strength and quality it receives.

If you agree, then please upvote this in the Consumer Ideas at

Kind regards,

Tony

Consumer Product Help Center