Zyxel nwd6602 5g network do not apper using android 5g acces point

Options
AbeAlpha
AbeAlpha Posts: 8
First Comment
edited March 2023 in Smart Home Product

When I create a 5g network with an android mobile, the network does not appear in windows 10.

Using w10 pro x64 on a pc with all the updates 22H2

I've tried the latest drivers and it doesn't work https://www.zyxel.com/nwd6602

All Replies

• okimarukas
    okimarukas Posts: 87  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Can you see other 5G SSID with your NWD6602 adapter?

Maybe the adapter could see other SSID but not the Android mobile SSID.

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 839  Guru Member
    Options

Hello @AbeAlpha

Does your Android phone support 5GHz WiFi?
    - I have one that does, and one that does not.

If your Android phone does not have support for 5GHz WiFi in its hardware and software, then I think that it would not be able to support a 5GHz hotspot.

Kind regards,

Tony

• AbeAlpha
    First Comment
    Options

okimarukas: some 5g fiber routers are seen.

tonygibbs16: Phone supports, when u create a hotspot u have to chose 2.4g or 5g AP

• okimarukas
    okimarukas Posts: 87  Ally Member
    Options

It's unclear why your Wi-Fi adapter can't detect the 5G Wi-Fi broadcast from your Android mobile. Not all Wi-Fi adapters are compatible with all devices, and some may not work with certain types of phones or operating systems. Additionally, the sharing station on the mobile device may have network configurations that aren't compatible with the Wi-Fi adapter, such as security settings or network protocols that the adapter doesn't support.

You could try broadcasting the Wi-Fi signal from other Android mobiles and see if the adapter can detect the SSID in the wireless network. If the adapter can detect the SSID from another mobile, it's likely a compatibility issue between the adapter and the mobile.

• AbeAlpha
    First Comment
    Options

I can see and connect with another android phone, also i can with a adapter on laptop intel ax610. Its a Zyxel nwd6602 adapter isue

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,060  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @AbeAlpha

Can you please share with us which mobile device you are using and which version of Android it is running?
    Additionally, could you confirm if the NWD6602 is able to detect other 5G Wi-Fi networks when you broadcast Wi-Fi from your Android phone?

• AbeAlpha
    First Comment
    Options

I try with a realme 6 android 11 and realme x50 pro with android 12 rmx2075_11_F.12.

All is update

NWD6602 is able to detect other 5G Wi-Fi networks like MOVISTAR_PLUS_D6F3 or others. Also can conect without problems.

This are the networks from the Realme R6

• Zyxel_Jerry
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @AbeAlpha

If your mobile device allows to switch channel, you may switch the channel for the 5 GHz band channels 36, 40, 44, and 48.You can try switching to one of these channels to see if WiFi adapter is able to detect the network.

• AbeAlpha
    First Comment
    Options

Android 11 and 12 do not allow to switch the channel, is not about the mobile (no 1 can)

• Zyxel_Jerry
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @AbeAlpha

It is possible that there is an interoperability issue between the chipset and the NWD6602 WiFi adapter. While the adapter may work well with other 5G products, it may not be compatible with certain chipsets.

Consumer Product Help Center