Zyxel LTE5398-M904 NAT keep alive or similar

BruCom
BruCom Posts: 32  Freshman Member
10 Comments Friend Collector
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

Hello community

is there any of you that knows if the above modem has a NAT Keep Alive or a similar function.

I had a look to the user manual and found nothing but I'm not an expert and could this feature goes under another name.

Thank you

All Replies

• Friday
    Friday Posts: 64  Ally Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @BruCom ,

I don't think there's NAT Keep Alive feature in LTE5398-M904, but when clicking Network setting>NAT>ALG can find the SIP ALG feature. In my experience, when enabling SIPALG, device should be able to monitor SIP traffic and maintain the life time according to the Expire value from the SIP Server.

thank you!

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 824  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hello @Friday

@BruCom wrote yesterday that he had maanaged to fix his issue for now by changing the SIP register timers, see below extract from the user guide.

I hope that this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Tony

• Veteady
    Veteady Posts: 1
    First Comment

Hi @BruComgeometry dash,

I'm not sure about the specific features of the Zyxel LTE5398-M904 modem, but NAT Keep Alive is a common feature found in many routers and modems. It allows for the maintenance of an active NAT session, preventing it from timing out due to inactivity. This can be useful for applications that require long-lived connections, such as online gaming or video conferencing.

• WJS
    WJS Posts: 123  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited April 2023

Or you can check if end client can send alive packets ?

Consumer Product Help Center