Phone is connected without internet (NWA50AX)

Options
tolsen64
tolsen64 Posts: 2
First Comment
edited April 2023 in WirelessLAN

My phone (Samsung S22 5G) connects to my AP but it does not have internet. It only happens on my AP at home. I can connect to wifi at Walmart, Perkins, etc. I also have an extender connected to my AP which allows my TV in the bedroom to access the internet and there is no issue there. I've looked all through the AP's interface but can't find any setting that is related to the issue. Help!

Accepted Solution

• tolsen64
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ok, seems I found the solution. In the Samsung forum, I found other people that had the same issue. The fix is to "forget" (delete) the wifi connection and then re-connect to the wifi. This clears the cache in the phone and allows it to refresh the connection. It now has internet access and has been stable for almost 12 hours.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 568  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @tolsen64

To better understand the problem you are experiencing, could you kindly provide us with the following information: 

1. Can you please share the topology of your network? 
    2. Are any other clients facing the same problem? 
    3. How many clients are currently connected to your AP? To ensure a stable and efficient WiFi connection, we recommend limiting the number of connected wireless clients to 15-20 per AP at the same time. 
    4. Please collect the diagnostic file by navigating to Maintenance > Diagnostics. Afterward, zip the file and send it to us via private message. 

Additionally, if you are using Nebula cloud to manage your NWA50AX, please enable Zyxel Support at NCC > Help center and provide us with your org/site name so that we can look into the problem directly. 

Kay 

Kay

• tolsen64
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ok, seems I found the solution. In the Samsung forum, I found other people that had the same issue. The fix is to "forget" (delete) the wifi connection and then re-connect to the wifi. This clears the cache in the phone and allows it to refresh the connection. It now has internet access and has been stable for almost 12 hours.

• YAck
    YAck Posts: 3
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Same problem with Samsung S8 & Samsung S9. Both connected to the NWA50AX and they keep loosing internet access but stay connected to the AP.

Deleting the the WiFi connection to the AP and reconnect, is just a temporary fix. Within 10 minutes to 1 hour both phones loosing internet access again while staying connected to the AP.

My Xbox is connected to the same ap and works just fine.

However after cutting off the AP's Power while trouble shooting ran the Xbox into the same problem. Got a message on the Xbox that there is a problem with the DHCP server. Reconnecting the Xbox fixed the problem for the Xbox. but with the phones that solution doesn't work.

I tried static IP s on the Router and the devices also. Didn't solved the problem. The phones loosing the internet access eventually while staying connected to the AP.

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @YAck

To assist you further, could you kindly provide us with the following information:

1. Are there any other client devices apart from your Samsung devices that are encountering similar connectivity problems?
    2. What is the current firmware version of your NWA50AX?
    3. Please collect the diagnostic file by navigating to local WEB GUI > Maintenance > Diagnostics. Afterward, zip the file and send it to us via private message.

Alternatively, if you are using Nebula Cloud to manage your NWA50AX, please enable Zyxel Support at NCC > Help center and provide us with your org/site name so that we can look into the problem directly.

Kay

• YAck
    Options

Hello Zyxel_Kay,

1. Yes, I realized, that my PS5 has the same problems. (Also there is no problem with the Samsung devices, they never showed this behavior before and they are working fine with any other AP or Router).

2. I recently updated the firmware manually and directly from Zyxel to the latest version. That didn't help.

3. I'll check for the diagnosis file when I find some time.

(4. I use the stand alone option, NNC option is switched of).

Thanks

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @YAck

Thank you for sharing the information with us. To further assist you, please send us the diagnostic file via private msg when it’s convenient for you. Additionally, including the MAC addresses of your PS5 and Samsung devices along with the file would be very helpful. This information will enable us to conduct a more thorough examination of your AP.

Kay

• YAck
    Options

Ok, I think I figured it out. In my case the problems where caused by the free Modem-Router which Vodafone Germany gives to there "Cable-Internet" clients. The so called Vodafone-Station seams to be a crappy Router.

I checked the Zyxel AP in the office with a Fritzbox Router an it worked perfect. So I switched to a Fritzbox at my Home too and there have been no problems since that.

So if you guys at Zyxel have the chance to check your APs in combination with a Vodafone Station, you should try to do so. Maybe you can find a workaround to make your products cooperate with the Vodafone Station. The Vodafone customer service is no help and the Vodafone Station self will not be able to handle your APs. The Vodafone Station offenes too less options for the users and seam's incapable to handle APs probably. I think an fix on Zyxels side is the more promising approach than messing around with Vodafone and there cheep Router.

Thanks fore the support!

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @YAck

Thanks for sharing your experience. Your feedback on the Vodafone Station's compatibility is valuable. We'll consider it for future investigation.

Kay