password set to none - now can't access the router

Options
Matt229
Matt229 Posts: 3
First Comment
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

I've set the router with "no password" setting. When I tried to log in next, it still required a password, which obviously there isn't any set, so I'm a bit confused how can one log in then… I thought if I set the password to none, it would just open the router if I type 192.168.1.1 in the browser… or what is the "no password" setup and how can I go around it? Just don't tell me to reset the router as I've just set the maximum amount of website blockers on and not keen to start it all over again (by the way, why there is a limit on the number of websites that can be manually blocked?).

Thanks, Matt

Accepted Solution

• SEJ
    SEJ Posts: 111  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

"Just don't tell me to reset the router "

I afriad this is the only way to recover it now.

"why there is a limit on the number of websites that can be manually blocked?"

Every device has its capability for each function, and receviced a fixed storage for each functions.

For example, if the device received 4KB in storage for blocked website, so only certain number of websites can be set.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,632  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @Matt229,

Welcome to the Zyxel community!

May I know what your model is?

Zyxel Melen

• Matt229
    First Comment
    Options

Hi @Zyxel_Melen,

DX3301-T0

• Matt229
    First Comment
    Options

ps: I tried 1234, admin and whatever other default password I could think of. Also tried the last password I set before what I thought was removing the password requirement… but no luck. I guess it will have to be set back to the factory reset…

• SEJ
    SEJ Posts: 111  Ally Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

"Just don't tell me to reset the router "

I afriad this is the only way to recover it now.

"why there is a limit on the number of websites that can be manually blocked?"

Every device has its capability for each function, and receviced a fixed storage for each functions.

For example, if the device received 4KB in storage for blocked website, so only certain number of websites can be set.

Consumer Product Help Center