Options

All Replies

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 845  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hello VV @VoIP2022

I am not sure that you can leave the SIP ACCOUNT NUMBER blank. But you could try.

If a telephone number such 0175532456@sipgate.de then you could put 0175532456 in the SIP ACCOUNT NUMBER field.

I hope that this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Tony

• tonygibbs16
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hello VV @VoIP2022

Your SIP signalling will look like this when it is configured correctly. This is an example Wireshark trace pcap file with SIP signalling in it.

In the above the SIP URI is sip:voi1806@sip.cybercity.dk and the account number could be voi1806

I hope that this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Tony

• VoIP2022
    VoIP2022 Posts: 13  Freshman Member
    10 Comments
    Options

Hi Tony,

As per the trace file sent to you and provided by the voip service provider, zyxel is trying to register but is not sending any password. How to correct this?

Also, does zyxel have any preference for using TCP over UDP? we used UDP but your first post referred to TCP.

Our sip url doesn't have the @.. , is there a way for zyxel to just use the username, password and domain in the format: voipcustomerusername.intervoip.co.uk? Our voip customer username is the voip account username i.e. the login username to the portal NOT the device sip username.

Thanks

• tonygibbs16
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi VV @VoIP2022

I am not sure now.

In my job, I would take a Wireshark trace of the interaction.

Perhaps you could ask your voip service provider to take a Wirshark trace, and then send it to me (by a direct message if necessary) and also then send it to Zyxel.

I don't work for Zyxel, but I am willing to take a look at a Wireshark trace if you and your voip service provider are happy.

Kind regards,

Tony

• VoIP2022
    10 Comments
    Options

Thanks Tony for your offer and I am grateful for for all the help given.

I will ask my service provider to giv me the Wireshark trace so i send it to you.

Thanks.

• tonygibbs16
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hello vv @VoIP2022

You're welcome. I will await the Wireshark trace.

NB: There seems to be an error in the user guide for the DX5401-B0 https://spdl.zyxel.com/AX7501-B0/user_guide/AX7501-B0_V5.15-V5.17%20Ed%202.pdf in table 114.

Surely the password for the SIP account needs to go into the password field?

Kind regards,

Tony

• VoIP2022
    10 Comments
    Options

Table 114? what page?

• VoIP2022
    10 Comments
    Options

Got it. page 312. sorry

• VoIP2022
    10 Comments
    Options

Hi Tony,

But this could be the real issue… It says under passord field to enter the username again. But we thought like you that it was an error and used te pssword filed to enter the sip device password but the trace file, provided to you here earlier proves that no password is coming.. the sip password must be somewhere else? Where? By the way we use the tel no. in formats +44… and in 44… under account number but no change. the account could not register still.

I think our problem would resolved if we know what to use under account number and where to input the password. Also, we don't have the @ sign in our voip user url… so the router is also creating more issues then solving. we username and password and domain xxx.domai.co.uk and there's not a @ before something as advised by user guide..

I doubt ITSP would share wireshark file requested.

thanks

• tonygibbs16
    edited April 2023
    Options

Thanks vv @VoIP2022

I feel that I will struggle to help you much further without something like a Wireshark trace.

The message sequence for SIP REGISTER should look something like the below picture:

Your ITSP should recognise the SIP REGISTER, shown as (1), and respond with a 401 Unauthorised message, shown as (2), which would then make the DX5401-B0 compute an authentication response based on the password.

- The password itself is not sent, but a hash based on it using a hashing algorithm such as MD5 and the nonce contained in the 401 Unauthorised (2) message is sent back to the ITSP's SIP Server as an authentication response.

The authentication response would be sent in the SIP REGISTER shown above as (3). It would look like the highlighted message in the example Wireshark trace I posted above.

If (3) is ok, then your ITSP should respond with 200 OK shown above as (6).

I think that your ITSP needs to be able to say if they are receiving the SIP REGISTER (1) and whether they are responding to it.

If your ITSP does not like your SIP REGISTER message, then I think that you could ask them what is missing or wrong with it.

If you have not already done so, you could turn off the SIP ALG in the Zyxel DX5401-B0, see below.

- SIP ALG does not always work.

Kind regards,

Tony

Consumer Product Help Center