Important Zyxel Resource is Down

Options
NEP
NEP Posts: 61  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Hello,

I was trying to set up an L2TP VPN today and when I clicked on "Configuration Walkthrough" it popped up a dead page (url listed below).https://kb.zyxel.com/KB/searchArticle!viewBlob.action?attOid=14441

I checked with a third-party site to see if it was just us and it wasn't. Also, according to MX Toolbox, there is no DNS record for "kb.zyxel.com". As such, everything that links to this subdomain is not working.

Are you aware of this issue? Is there an ETA on fixing it? Thanks.

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,455  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @NEP ,

What is your model name and firmware version?

• NEP
    Options

ATP800 running "V5.35(ABIQ.0)ITS-23WK06-r107740 / 2023-02-04 03:20:27".

Should be the latest, prior to the one released at the end of April. It's a weekly build that we updated to because the last stable release had a bug that was flooding our logs.

Not sure why the links would have changed between versions or if they did why the prior domain was taken offline so quick, but is there a way to access that link with an updated URL?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0  Freshman Member
    Options

Hi @NEP,

If you want to get a really good article about setting up L2TP, please check out this one:

It never fails me.

Hope that helps!

• NEP
    Options

Thanks @AndreasZyxel. That is the page I was looking at prior to attempting "Configuration Walkthrough". It shows set up for IKEv1 and I was looking to do IKEv2 as the other is old and considered insecure. Can't imagine the process is too different. Just looking for a little extra info, hence the config tool. Thank you though.

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,455  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • NEP
    Options

@Zyxel_Cooldia Thanks for that. Will look into it that shortly. However, that doesn't answer my original question. The kb.zyxel.com website still appears to not working. Any news on it being fixed?

• NEP
    Options

@Zyxel_Cooldia Is there any update on this?

• NEP
    edited May 2023
    Options

@Zyxel_Cooldia Just got around to checking this again. I see that the links no longer appear to point to that subdomain. Also, I was able to get an IKEv2 VPN set up with the information that you provided. Thank you!

Security Highlight