All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,097  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @SAI_Mike

To clarify the issue, you can follow these steps:

1.Connect a PC to PLA B and verify if there is any traffic passing through the PLA by using Wireshark to collect if there is any packet on your network interface.
    If the symptom persists, it indicates a potential problem between the two PLAs in the environment.
    2. To further investigate the issue, check if the PLA is capable of functioning properly within the same extension.
    If the issue occurs consistently on the same power extension.
    Please try to check if another socket would have the same issue.
    If the issue still persists, it is likely a problem with the PLA device itself.

• SAI_Mike
    SAI_Mike Posts: 10
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Connection failed again on 6/14 and was fixed by rebooting PLA-A. As I stated before, I can't break my network to plug the PLAs into the same extension for a few weeks to see if the problem goes away. It would be much better if the PLAs had some logging capability that was accessible by the web interface or SSH/CLI. I read a couple of posts stating that the MIMO Boost G.hn profile on the PLAs is not stable, so I changed the profile on my PLAs to non-MIMO to see if that helps the problem. Speed is significantly slower, but I am not using significant bandwidth on this connection.

• SAI_Mike
    SAI_Mike Posts: 10
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

No disconnects or service failures since changing to a non-MIMO profile. MIMO is not stable and does not reconnect after a connection failure.

• jorf
    jorf Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

I've been having a similar issue. They used to be rock solid but the last couple of months suddenly my connection goes — the lights on the device stay green but until I unplug one of the units and plug it back in no traffic can get through.

Consumer Product Help Center