My access point is turning off and on constantly. Ive seen this email 100s if not 1000s of times

Options
Lorcan
Lorcan Posts: 13
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment

Has anyone seen this before? I am replacing it with a different AP but thought I would ask anyway.

Also a different issue, but when I log into the web GUI of my AP (NWA1123-ACv2) there is no way to configure the WiFi SSID, password, etc. This is only configurable from the Nebula control center. However when I look up the manual for the NWA1123-ACv2, I see a manual with lots of options in the webGUI access of the device (as in when you access the IP address of the device in your browser)

Here is what the web gui looks like:

However in the maunal I can see lots more options avaible via the Web Configurator. These do not exist on my Web Configurator. For example, from the manual, the ability to change SSIDs:

"Create and manage wireless SSID, security, MAC filtering, and
layer-2 isolation files that can be associated with different APs"

Here is the manual I am referring to: https://media.s-bol.com/qGBnz0KQkvr/original.pdf

Is there a way to get this AP into full web configurator mode without the need for Nebula control center..?

Thank you

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 933  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Lorcan ,

Please refer to this FAQ to check the Cloud Control Status when AP is offline on Nebula.

when I log into the web GUI of my AP (NWA1123-ACv2) there is no way to configure the WiFi SSID, password, etc. 

Your NWA1123-ACv2 currently is configured and managed through the Nebula Cloud platform, which is limiting your access to certain settings via the Web GUI. In case you prefer to get this AP into full web configurator mode (manage your AP in standalone mode) instead, you can remove the AP from Nebula by navigating to License & Inventory > Devices > Actions > Remove from organization. 

After the removal process is complete, your AP will reboot and switch to standalone mode. 

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• Lorcan
    Lorcan Posts: 13
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Hi Judy,

That article states "How to check the Cloud Control Status when AP is offline on Nebula?"

That article doesn't really relate to this because the AP will be online on Nebula control center, but then randomly turn on and off throughout the day, every day. It seems like the deviec is faulty to me.

With regards to local config, thank you for that information. I will keep that in mind.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 933  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Lorcan ,

In case the problematic AP is still in your Nebula site, please enable Zyxel support by going to Help (On the top right) > Support Request > Zyxel support Access to enable and save for our checking.

By the way, provide us your org/ site name and MAC address of problematic AP via private message. We'll check and tell you if there are any findings.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

Nebula Tips & Tricks