Nebula public API - use case with missing features

Options
raesfeld
raesfeld Posts: 2
Friend Collector First Comment
edited June 2023 in Nebula

Hey there.

For about a year we use the nebula public API. We use it to get information for our asset management. For example we set the site in our asset management based on nebula sites. This works great! But we also want to set information from our asset management in nebula. It would be great if we could post a name and address from our asset management to nebula. When enrolling 100 access points I don't like to rename devices in both nebula and our asset management to keep track of which device is which. The name of our devices is a combination of asset id, part of mac address, site and room if given.

Can you help us accomplish this use case?

Thanks

Lars

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,639  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @raesfeld,

It's happy to receive your feedback that Nebula Public API works great and thanks for your input.

I have a simple question about your need "if we could post a name and address from our asset management to nebula," the address means the MAC address, IP address, or device location?

Zyxel Melen

• raesfeld
    raesfeld Posts: 2
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Hey @Zyxel_Melen ,

I'd like to post the (geo) device location address as the web interface allows it under Configuration → Address.

Thanks

Lars

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,639  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @raesfeld,

Thanks for your feedback. I sent a private message to you, please check your message box.

Zyxel Melen

Nebula Tips & Tricks