AP & multi-SSDi

Options

Hi,

My provider offers me NWA50X for my network office. I'd want to know if it does multi-SSDI (4).

If this product can't transmit 4 SSDI, what other acces point would you recommend?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 581  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @zarital

If you're looking to create multiple SSIDs for each access point, the NWA50AX does support this functionality.

In standalone mode, AP offers the capability to apply 8 SSID profiles per radio slot. This means that if you utilize all available slots, you can have a maximum of 16 SSIDs simultaneously broadcasted (8 on the 2.4GHz band and 8 on the 5GHz band). It's important to note that each SSID will only be broadcasted on its respective radio band. However, if your requirement is to broadcast all the configured SSIDs in both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, the maximum number of SSIDs that can be broadcasted simultaneously would be 8.

In Nebula cloud mode, AP allows for the configuration of up to 8 SSIDs.

You can configure each SSID with different security options and other advanced settings. Here are the guidance for creating SSIDs in two different AP management modes:

Kay

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 581  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @zarital

If you're looking to create multiple SSIDs for each access point, the NWA50AX does support this functionality.

In standalone mode, AP offers the capability to apply 8 SSID profiles per radio slot. This means that if you utilize all available slots, you can have a maximum of 16 SSIDs simultaneously broadcasted (8 on the 2.4GHz band and 8 on the 5GHz band). It's important to note that each SSID will only be broadcasted on its respective radio band. However, if your requirement is to broadcast all the configured SSIDs in both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, the maximum number of SSIDs that can be broadcasted simultaneously would be 8.

In Nebula cloud mode, AP allows for the configuration of up to 8 SSIDs.

You can configure each SSID with different security options and other advanced settings. Here are the guidance for creating SSIDs in two different AP management modes:

Kay