Interference issue with NR7101

Options
linuxius
linuxius Posts: 2
First Comment
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

Hello all,

I purchased a Zyxel NR7101 last fall. After the installation I only got a 4G connection and terrible speeds (< 1 Mbit/sec). At that time R01A04 was installed so I upgraded, using the described upgrade path, to R11A07.

After the upgrade I got a decent connection. Still not as fast as my iPhone 14 Pro, but usable.

A few weeks passed. Suddenly I got a visit from the BAKOM (Federal Office of Communications). They had received multiple complaint from mobile carriers that my modem was causing interference.

After measuring he said that my modem was contiguously sending a small band signal at 1940 MHz.

After that I had the modem replaced. I kept the new modem on R01A04 for two weeks. In this time frame there was no interference, but I had a lousy internet connection. So, I upgraded to R11A07 again. After that the interference returned. Because of this I had to shut down to the modem.

I am hoping that the R13A02 release might solve the issue. But it is not available yet.

I live in Switzerland and my mobile carrier is Swisscom.

Did anyone experience similar issues or does anyone know what could be causing this interference? Or is there a setting which is causing this?

Thanks a lot.

All Replies

• SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 271  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited June 2023
    Options

Sent a message……

• Friday
    Friday Posts: 64  Ally Member
    Options

Hi @linuxius ,

Please check your inbox message, thank you !

• linuxius
    linuxius Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Hi,

I updated to R13A02. But no changed. We measure today and the modem is still permanently sending a very strong signal on 1940 MHz.

And help from Zyxel would be very much appreciated.

• SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 271  Master Member
    Options

Consumer Product Help Center