Printer connected through wifi to internet but undetectable by pc or ios phone

Options
OlivierCM
OlivierCM Posts: 9
First Anniversary First Comment
edited June 2023 in Nebula

hello,

I can’t detect my printer on wifi network while it is well connected and appear with ip adress on nebula. I have a single ssid . I failed tondetect it with linux , windows and iphone. I guess the problem is the same for all 3 but i can’t figure it out

Any help appreciated

Regards

Olivier

All Replies

• OlivierCM
    OlivierCM Posts: 9
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options
    • well connected to internet as it could download latest firmware. Send me a scanned file to my email Adress, etc..

• Alexlaw
    Alexlaw Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Hello, Ensure that your printer and devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Verify that the IP address assigned to your printer is on the same subnet as your other devices. Check if there are any firewall settings or security configurations on your router that may be blocking the printer's communication. Temporarily disabling the firewall or adjusting the settings might help. Restart your printer, router, and devices to refresh the network connections. Update the firmware of your printer and router to the latest versions, as outdated firmware can sometimes cause compatibility issues. If possible, try connecting your printer to a different Wi-Fi network to see if it can be detected on that network. This can help determine if the issue is specific to your current network. Consult the printer's manual or visit the manufacturer's website for troubleshooting steps specific to your printer model.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 961  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @OlivierCM ,

From your description, we assume that there is the Guest network function on your SSID. Please go to Configure > Acccess points > WiFi SSID settings.

If yes, please add the printer MAC address into the whitelist by going to Configure > SSID advanced settings.

If the Guest network is not enabled on your SSID, please check the firewall settings on your devices (Linux, Windows, iPhone) to ensure they are not blocking the printer. Sometimes, devices have their own firewalls or security software which could prevent them from seeing other devices on the network.

Make sure that the printer driver is up-to-date on all your devices. If not, update them to the latest version. You also can try to restart of your printer to check whether the issue is resolved.

If after going through all these steps, the issue still persists, please enable Zyxel support by navigating to "Help" (located in the top right corner) > Support Request > Zyxel Support Access and click on "Enable" and then save the settings so that we can further investigate the issue.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

Nebula Tips & Tricks