ZyXEL LTE2566-M634 - Random Restarts / Reboots router

Options
Rendal80
Rendal80 Posts: 3
Friend Collector First Comment
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

I have a problem, with router type LTE2566-M634. Restarts / Reboots spontaneously and randomly and I don't know the cause. It doesn't matter if it's connected to a PC via USB or via Wi-Fi. I have the latest firmware "V1.00(ABTW.4)C0". I have two pieces of LTE2566-M634 router and they both behave the same, randomly Restarting / Rebooting. The Restart is not related to a large data transfer at the moment. Maybe issues MCU temperature related, device overheats routinely, factory construction is not very suitable. The "Log" of the device in the web interface is laughable when "Log" it is cleared after every Restart / Reboot. Therefore, it is not possible to determine the cause of the Restart / Reboot from the "Log".

Anyone else having a similar problem with the router LTE2566-M634?

Thank you.

All Replies

• Oudbeest
    Oudbeest Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Hello, yes I have exactly the same problem with this router. Tried everything: reset, fallback to firmware 3, only use 2.4GHz or 5GHz, etc, etc. But the reboots remain. Overheating could be the issue although it feels not that hot when the reboots occur.

Zyxel, what is the issue here? As I am travelling I am depending on this router.

Thank you.

• Rendal80
    Rendal80 Posts: 3
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

The reason I think it's overheating is because I've seen "charging suspended, high temperature" many times on the LCD, but the device hasn't reset.

Have you ever seen this message?

• Oudbeest
    Oudbeest Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Yes, I have seen that screen during charging sometimes, but then the router was really hot, and the router did not always reboot at that time. But I have had many reboots when the router was operating on the battery and not charging and also not feeling hot. Could also be something with some memory overflow in the microcode.

I can not really pinpoint when it really happens. Like you mentioned the log is not saved and emptied after a reboot.

Consumer Product Help Center