NWA50AX Disconnects at 3am Every Day

Options

My NWA50AX Disconnects from Wi-Fi at 3am approximately each day and it driving me mad! It reconnects after a few minutes.

I have no idea why this happens?

Anyone know why it does it and how I can stop it?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 581  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @auzo63

One possible reason for this behavior is the DCS (Dynamic Channel Selection) schedule configured on your access point. It's likely that the default DCS schedule is set to switch channels at 3 am, resulting in a brief disconnection.

To address this, I recommend checking if your DCS schedule is indeed configured at that time. If it is, you can re-configure the schedule to a less busy time, such as late at night when Wi-Fi usage is generally low. By adjusting the DCS schedule, you can avoid disruptions during critical hours.

Additionally, you may enable the "DCS client aware" feature and allow the AP to wait until all connected clients have disconnected before switching channels.

To make these adjustments, you can access the settings through Nebula CC > Site-wide > Configure > Access points > Radio settings > DCS setting.

Please give these adjustments a try and let us know if they resolve your issue. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to reach us.

Kay

• auzo63
    auzo63 Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

the settings are unscheduled is that wrong?

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 581  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @auzo63

To assist you better, we kindly request you provide us with a screenshot of the log when the disconnection event occurs. You may find the AP's event log at Site-wide > Monitor > Access points > Event log.

Alternatively, you may enable Zyxel Support and provide us with your organization/site name so we can investigate directly.

Kay