[NEBULA] Deauth by STA Timeout reason 2

2»

All Replies

• DerLord
    DerLord Posts: 18  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hello Dean,

@DerLord

The log is almost same as what @Carlos4311 said, if a station idle for too long, then the AP will de-associate the client.
    The strange thing here is that the client is only disconnected while being fully active. While idling (over night for example) it stays connected.

@DerLord

Is it possible to provide a snippet of the eventlogs while this happened? I will need to check unfiltered logs before and after the event 2 hours. Also I'll need sometime to try reproduce this locally, especially finding a S6 edge.
    I'd love to, but I only have the free version of Nebula to be honest. The button for exporting logfiles is grayed out for me. If it helps; the S6 Edge is showing these network capabilities: "802.11ac, 802.11k/v".

@DerLord

Another thing, did other androids or iOS device have the disconnection? and were they able to retry connecting or jump to another SSID?
    No other client complained about this. I looked up the logs and all the clients showing the "reason 2" error are either reconnecting within a few seconds or have left the site anyways.
    For some reason I'm getting a few "prev-Auth failed" errors (reason 2 again) now, but that doesn't seem to be critical.
    I'm only having one active SSID on my site sending on 5GHz and 2.4GHz (Concurrent operation with band select active; great feature by the way!).
    Nebula_Dean said:
    @DerLord

When the station needs wifi on/off to recover, this is likely to be an NIC issue on the device, normally it should skip to another SSID if disconnection happens or internet loss. 
    For me it looked like an error on the NIC aswell, but the client claims that it never happens at home.
    She is using a regular "Telekom Speedport W724V Router", sending the same SSID on 2.4 and 5GHz.
    If this issue would persist everywhere, I wouldn't have bothered any of you with this strange problem. I just can't figure out where the problem comes from.

If it helps:
    The configuration of my site is pretty basic with WPA2-PSK authentication. No MAC-Filters, no isolation.
    Android devices appear to activate Fast Transition (FT) per default, but turning this off doesn't seem to change anything.

I'm sorry to be that unhelpful.
    Thank you for helping me out anyways!

Best wishes,
    Niklas
  • Zyxel_Dean
    Zyxel_Dean Posts: 237  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hey Niklas @DerLord ,

As an alternative, perhaps you could filter the MAC of that S6 edge and copy paste it into and excel file, I am trying to look for abnormal log entries at or near the time the issue happened. 
    Since you mentioned other clients are not having this issue, we can focus on this client for now.

The strange thing here is that the client is only disconnected while being fully active. While idling (over night for example) it stays connected.
    I do hope this is something limited to samsung, but to be careful I think it is best to wait until further tests been done before getting to any conculsions. 

Anyone with an S6 Edge in hand able to test this out too? 

• DerLord
    Hey Niklas @DerLord ,

As an alternative, perhaps you could filter the MAC of that S6 edge and copy paste it into and excel file, I am trying to look for abnormal log entries at or near the time the issue happened. 
    Since you mentioned other clients are not having this issue, we can focus on this client for now.
    Hello again,
    thank you for your (impressingly fast) answere.

I feel a little stupid for asking, but what exactly should I copy-paste into the excel sheet?
    Do you only need the MAC to get direct access to my logs or do I need to take some further steps?
    Or should I mark everything on the "Event log" page surrounding the disconnection message?
    Can I "PM" the Excel-Sheet to you or shall I attach it to this thread?

Anyone with an S6 Edge in hand able to test this out too? 
    Sadly I don't know anyone else.
    Maybe someone else reading this thread can help us out.

Best wishes,
    Niklas
  • Zyxel_Dean
    Zyxel_Dean Posts: 237  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @DerLord

PMed you, check inbox
  • Hi there,
    is there any news to this issue, please.
    I'm encountering the same problem outlined above, with a cell phone that is roaming.
    However, this only started happening now, without any changes to my network. Could this be a firmware issue? Please let me know if disabling is 802.11 k/v/r is the only way to prevent this, and/or how any resulting roaming issues might be prevented/minimized. Thanks!
    Kind regards
  • DerLord
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓
    @stoph3d What we did back then was creating a separate 5 GHz SSID which had k/v/r disabled. We then used this SSID only for this specific device. This at least enabled us to let all the other devices roam and get the erroring device to work as it should.

I sadly can't tell anything about updates to APs or Nebula, and as this thread is officially resolved, I'm not sure if any of the Zyxel employees will jump in again to shed light on this matter.
  • Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    stoph3d said:
    Hi there,
    is there any news to this issue, please.
    I'm encountering the same problem outlined above, with a cell phone that is roaming.
    However, this only started happening now, without any changes to my network. Could this be a firmware issue? Please let me know if disabling is 802.11 k/v/r is the only way to prevent this, and/or how any resulting roaming issues might be prevented/minimized. Thanks!
    Kind regards

Hi there,

Roaming is the behavior of stations handle with the APs. When station gets the bad signal, it decided whether roam to another AP.

When disable 802.11k/v/r, the station use the roaming capability by itself only, it means no roaming support from APs.

The best way to minimize the roaming is the good deployment let the station has the good signal (good signal must higher than-70dbm).

In case there is any abnormal issue or log that you saw, you can share with us and enable customer’s Zyxel support by going to the left sidebar > Help > Support request > Invite Zyxel support as administrator, save the changes for us to check.

Judy

Nebula Tips & Tricks