PLA6456 keeps dropping internet connection

Options

Been using PLA6456 adapters for about two weeks. They frequently drop internet connection while in use for no reason. I've upgraded firmware, set up a 1-second ping to try to keep connection open, and disabled power saving. Still keeps dropping, already twice today. Unplugging and re-plugging resumes the connection but is very inconvenient to do 2-3 times per day. Perhaps change a setting in my TPlink router? Reserve IP addresses? Any suggestions on what to do next? Thanks.

All Replies

• suisei
    suisei Posts: 73  Ally Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

I came across some troubleshooting tips in the forum that may help determine if the issue is related to the device itself. You can try put both the PLA devices on the same power extension and perform a test. If the issue still occurs even when both devices are connected to the same power extension, it is likely a problem with the device. However, if the issue does not persist and the connection remains stable, it suggests that there might be environmental factors causing intermittent disconnections.

• jorf
    jorf Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

I've had a similar issue. They used to be rock solid but the last couple of months suddenly my connection goes — the lights on the device stay green but until I unplug one of the units and plug it back in no traffic can get through.

Consumer Product Help Center