Cant recognize SIM from Carrier Orange on NR5101

Options
ViX
ViX Posts: 4
First Comment
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

I bought NR5101 and I dont know what I should do atm, the router seems to not recognize the carrier Orange (Spain) since the last fw update V1.00(ABVC.6)C1 , I have to work with another carrier as Movistar without any problem since the update.

I think you had the same problem time ago on NR7101, and solved it with the module upgrade, it is expected to have this problem solved soon on the NR5101? or I should move onto another model router with more support ? I think its unnacceptable on a devide of this price to not have support for all the carriers on Europe terrotuy, hope I can get any solution or advice because the spanish support had me without an answer a week ago and I have to know if I should refund this bugged device. Thank you.

All Replies

• SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 268  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Tried manually APN settings?

• ViX
    First Comment
    Options

Thank you for answer, sure, APN auto or manual for Orange with orangeworld orange/orange PAP doesnt works, router catches bands without problem but Cellular remains DOWN as it cannot identify Operator it seems, Movistar works flawless auto and Manual APN.

• ViX
    First Comment
    edited July 2023
    Options

Ive tried also the SIM on another devices as my mobile phone without any problem, TPLink 4G also recognizes on auto and manual the carrier without problem and signal is very stable, besides the velocity doesnt surpass on this devices 50mb/10mb thats why i need to test it on zyxel nr5101 but it doesnt work, have tested also or the bands/tecnology on manual and auto without any success.

• epicgian
    Options

I also have the same problem. It connect then disconnects again. Any solutions?

Any other settings to change. I might have to return the router

• SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 268  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited September 2023
    Options

Ever tried Nebula firmware on your NR5101?

I use Nebula firmware on my non Nebula NR7101 and it's very stable.

I saw something interesting.

Module firmware on the 7101 have exactly the same name as on the NR5101?

• orborneee
    Options

Using the Nebula firmware on the Nebula NR7101 seems like a good idea, I'll give it a try! @Super Mario What do you think about this?

Consumer Product Help Center