Nwa55axe mesh settings and reconnexion to root ap

Options

Hello,

i have an issue with 2 nwa55axe Aps.

One is the root connected to ethernet port and Internet connexion.

the second one is only used as bridge (no use of ethernet port at the moment.

This AP has the first one as root AP and is reachable.

Unfortunately, when a power issue occurs (or AP restart). The second one (which not use the wired connexion) is not able to connect the root AP and restart in loop.

The only workaround to make it work again is to unplug it and connect it to the wired connexion then put it again in the original location.

I noticed that the mac address that is diplayed in the NCC is different than the one displayed by the Zon utility.

Could the AP request an ip address with the wired mac, get it, but then unable to reach the gateway because sending packets to the wired interface rather the wlan interface ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 581  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Nic80

Upon investigation, it appears that the issue could be attributed to a potential bug within our Smart Mesh mechanism. As a workaround, please enable the downlink button at NCC > Site-wide > Devices > Access points > Your repeater AP > Status > Smart mesh.

Once you have enabled the downlink button, please connect the repeater with an Ethernet cable again and wait for the configuration status to update. After that, you can unplug it and set it up as a repeater again.

Please note that we are actively working on enhancing this bug in future firmware releases. Stay informed by visiting our https://community.zyxel.com/en/categories/wlan-news-and-release section.

If the issue persists or you require further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Kay

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @Nic80

To enhance your repeater AP's connectivity, it's crucial to maintain an uplink signal strength above -65 dBm. You can check this under NCC > Site-wide > Devices > Access points.

If the issue persists, please provide us with your APs' firmware versions and detailed event logs with timestamps for further assistance.

Alternatively, you may enable Zyxel Support on NCC to streamline the troubleshooting process. Kindly share your org/site name to facilitate direct investigation by us.

Regarding the MAC address mismatch between NCC and ZON, we appreciate it if you could provide us with a screenshot or video via private msg. This will aid us in diagnosing the situation accurately.

Kay

• Nic80
    Nic80 Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

Hello Kay,

I moved the second AP "closer" to the primary one ( signal is now around less than -60 when previously it was less than that ( around -65)) and changed it to a static IP to remove a potential issue with DHCP ( as was configured previously)

I have not tried to reproduce the issue during the day today ( french business hours) to not interrupt wifi link that is working as far the link not interrupted by a power issue/manual disconnection.

Can't have the detailled logs (only 24hours logs on NCC) at the moment, until i reproduce the behaviour, but as far i remember i could see error message telling "gateway was not reachable".

Both AP's are running V6.29(ABZL.1), so latest available.

I have enabled the support access in th NCC.

• Zyxel_Kay
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Nic80

Upon investigation, it appears that the issue could be attributed to a potential bug within our Smart Mesh mechanism. As a workaround, please enable the downlink button at NCC > Site-wide > Devices > Access points > Your repeater AP > Status > Smart mesh.

Once you have enabled the downlink button, please connect the repeater with an Ethernet cable again and wait for the configuration status to update. After that, you can unplug it and set it up as a repeater again.

Please note that we are actively working on enhancing this bug in future firmware releases. Stay informed by visiting our https://community.zyxel.com/en/categories/wlan-news-and-release section.

If the issue persists or you require further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Kay