Slow Internet Armor G1

Options

My ISP provides gigabit service via fiber to my home. When I connect directly to ISP service, I receive 916M upload and 934M download speeds. Running speed tests from the Armor G1, I get 12M upload and 286M download speeds.

I have checked firmware and says up to date: V1.00(ABSC.6)C0. Is this the best I can expect?

All Replies

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 845  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello @KKern

Welcome to the forum.

I was thinking that maybe the Armor G1 WAN port had auto negotiated at 100Mbps Fast Ethernet, but since you are getting 286M download then this cannot be the case.

According to https://www.zyxel.com/uk/en-gb/products/wifi-router/ac2600-multi-gigabit-wifi-router-armor-g1/specifications there is an Armor App available from Zyxel, which has a Speedtest function in it. It is on the Google Play store if you search for Zyxel Armor.

- It might be worth you trying that to see if you get a different result.

- and maybe trying the Okla Speedtest site as well.

I have no other suggestions for you personally at present.

Kind regards,

Tony

• KKern
    KKern Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula
    Options

I have the app already. I just ran the app speed test and this time it is 108.8M down and 15.3M up. I install a lot of ZyXEL routers, switches and AP's for my company. I am very impressed with the commercial equipment. I earned my ZyXEL Network certification in order to know the ins and outs of configuration. But this is the first consumer equipment that I have purchased. And I only purchased it because it would handle gig+ WAN speed. You have to go very high end in the commercial line to find a router that can do Gig WAN.

• suisei
    suisei Posts: 73  Ally Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

You can arrange laptop or PC on the WAN side to establish an iPerf server/client. This approach enables you to evaluate the speed without being influenced by PPPoE traffic, thereby segregating any potential internet-related concerns. Undertaking this test directly on the router can get a more precise measurement of speed, whether it's from WAN to LAN or LAN to WAN, contingent on the iPerf server's location.
    If the result show its not a problem on it, then the issue might probably on PPPoE or some network issue on the WAN site.

Consumer Product Help Center