NR7101 Priority

Options
bartcapri
bartcapri Posts: 7
First Comment
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

Good morning everyone I have had 7101 for a month now and I am quite satisfied with it. My home is in a place where the most powerful signal is 4G (-75db) but it is possible to surf with very high performance even connecting me to another BTS with 5G (-99db).
I set the cell lock on the BTS with 5g to guarantee high performance, but for the past few days the phone provider has been lowering or turning off the signal altogether at certain times. If I set in the Cell Lock also the BTS 4G the 7101 will always connect to the strongest signal. Is there no way to give PRIORITY? This would solve all my problems. Thank you

All Replies

• bartcapri
    Options

Does anyone know if Zyxel is planning to implement priority in Cell Lock? That would really be a breakthrough, also because much cheaper routers do that.

• Internetheavyuser
    Internetheavyuser Posts: 75  Ally Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

What do you mean PRIORITY?

User can choose the priority of 4G or 5G to do the PCI lock?

What would happen if you dont set PCI lock and choose access technology : AUTO

I saw the user manual, it seems like they dont have priority on PCI lock.

If you purchase the device from ISP, you might able to feedback you opinion to ISP.

Or tried this website.
    https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=114093996354

• bartcapri
    Options

In practice, it would be perfect to set the 385 5g cell and the 205 LTE signal as secondary, so that when the 5g is disconnected, the 7101 would automatically connect to 4g and then return to 5g when available again.

• Internetheavyuser
    Internetheavyuser Posts: 75  Ally Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Then I suggest you to provide your feature request through the website or through ISP.

Consumer Product Help Center