GS1915-8EP had offline on NCC

Options
Tlml
Tlml Posts: 3
Friend Collector First Comment
edited November 2023 in Nebula

My switch, GS1915-8EP work normally, status online on NCC and had lasted firmware

a few days ago, it suddenly went offline on NCC until today, still not online again

connected devices behind it, seems to be working properly, including APs, status are online on ncc

I can not connect to my switch on local, it seems don’t have a ip, i can't find it with ip scan tool

Please help me, thanks

Best Answers

• Tlml
    Answer ✓
    Options

ZON utility can scan my switch, it’s IP is 0.0.0.0

After settings static ip, working now

I don’t know why have problems with DHCP IP

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,681  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Tlml,

The switch's IP is 0.0.0.0 could be due to the DHCP pool size running out. You can set static IP or enlarge the DHCP pool size.

For the switch offline problem, did you reboot the switch between August 26 - 27?

Zyxel Melen

All Replies

• Tlml
    Answer ✓
    Options

ZON utility can scan my switch, it’s IP is 0.0.0.0

After settings static ip, working now

I don’t know why have problems with DHCP IP

• Zyxel_Melen
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Tlml,

The switch's IP is 0.0.0.0 could be due to the DHCP pool size running out. You can set static IP or enlarge the DHCP pool size.

For the switch offline problem, did you reboot the switch between August 26 - 27?

Zyxel Melen

• Tlml
    Options

Hi @Zyxel_Melen

i don't think DHCP pool size is over, the DHCP size = 251, and less than 30 devices

I have restarted the switch and router many times, tried unplugging all cables... and also try ip scan and ip scan tools

it was only solved when i used ZON utility, i was so happy when it appeared on the list i know the problem is solvesolved. i know the problem is in the ip, but i cant find the device to set it static ip

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @Tlml,

I'm glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. If the switch is offline again, please reference this FAQ first:

Zyxel Melen

Nebula Tips & Tricks