[NEBULA] Can old information on the NCC Capture Portal be removed

StevieG
StevieG Posts: 11  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
I have been trying to setup my Guest Wi-Fi so it loads the NCC capture portal front page with an agree button before users can start using the Wi-Fi connection through to the Internet.

It has virtually worked but an old welcome page/message that I setup, keeps being offered to new connections rather than the current newer message.

When looking at the setup everything seems fine with the new message so I think it must be old cached information within the Gateway.

Is there a way of clearing the cached information on the Nebula NSG100 gateway?

All Replies

• ivers
    ivers Posts: 45  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Is your AP configuration status show "up to date" in AP monitor page?
  • Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    Hello @StevieG
    Welcome to the community! :)
    Is your capture protal on the NSG or on the NAP?
    I didn't see the same issue in my lab (either on NSG or NAP), is your device configuration status is up to date?

Chris
  • StevieG
    StevieG Posts: 11  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We have now deployed the system into a live environment and found that the captive portal was sometimes working and other times it didn't.

We were experiencing different results with using different browsers and devices so therefore we decided to remove this feature at the moment and only protect with the WAP2 password.

We was just trying to bring up a welcome screen for the Guest Wi-Fi and then move them onto their website once agreeing the connection.

On a couple of occasions instead of re-directing the device to the website it took them to the NSG login page whereas the Guest Wi-Fi (VLAN) had Intra zone blocking enabled which should have blocked them from getting onto this.

We may come back to this feature in the future but for now we will have to leave as it is.

Thanks Ivers and Nebula_Chris for your time in replying.
  • Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    @StevieG
    That's odd, anyway please contact me whenever you needed also provide the test steps I can try to reproduce. 

Cheers.
    Chris

Nebula Tips & Tricks