VMG8825-B50: new separate wifi network andInterface Group

Options
stefano_sb
stefano_sb Posts: 15  Freshman Member
First Anniversary

I have a Zyxel VMG8825-B50 with firmware version 5.17(ABNY7)C0 connected in LAN to LAN cascade to the main router of my internet provider (Sky Wifi with FTTH fiber)

I made the following configurations

• I set fixed IP 192.168.1.4
  • I disabled DHCP
  • from the "Network Settings->Broadband" menu I disabled ALL WAN services
  • I created a 2.4Ghz/5Ghz WIFI network with SSID WIFI2
  • from the "Network Settings->Wireless->Guest/More AP" menu I created a new wifi network called WIFI3 (no guest)
  • from the "Network Settings->Interface Grouping" menu I created a new group called OTHER_WIFI adding only the LAN with SSID WIFI3
  • from the "Network Settings->Home Networking->LAN Setup" menu I selected OTHER_WIFI from the "Interface group" menu and created a 192.168.2.X subnet separate from the main 192.168.1.X.
  • I activated DHCP for these 192.168.2.X addresses
  • I saw that there are now two network interfaces called br0 (192.168.1.X) and br1 (192.168.2.X)

If I connect to WIFI2 with any device I correctly receive an IP from the DHCP of the main router and surf the internet.

Problem: if I connect to WIFI3 with any device, I correctly receive an IP address of 192.168.2.X but I am unable to browse the internet. Does it depend on the fact that in the OTHER_WIFI group I have set the "ETH_WAN" value as "WAN Interface" which, however, is not correctly configured for internet browsing via the main router? Being able to access the VMG8825-B050 as root.. maybe with some "iptables" rules on br1?

Thank you

Stefano

All Replies

• Liba
    Liba Posts: 109  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments First Answer
    Options

I recommend that you have to enable WAN service.

Consumer Product Help Center