Configure NR5101 without Nebula

Options

I want to only use NR5101 for home use, is it possible to configure the router without Nebula - or can l stay on basic pack without need to upgrade the license?

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 949  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @jgroves56 ,

At the time of this writing, the primary method for configuring the NR5101 Mobile Router is through its local GUI. So, please open your web browser and enter the IP address of your NR5101 Router to access its local web interface to do configuration.

Regarding the Nebula portal, at the present, it only provides some feature as IP Passthrough/Router mode configuration, the ability to schedule firmware upgrades or set them to auto-upgrade and monitor your network at any place as well, all without requiring a subscription. Users can configure LAN IP address, DHCP on/off with Nebula Indoor Mobile Router as your NR5101. These features are available with the Base pack.

In summary, you have the option to configure your router either directly through its local GUI without Nebula or via the Nebula portal using the Base pack without need to upgrade the license.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @jgroves56 ,

At the time of this writing, the primary method for configuring the NR5101 Mobile Router is through its local GUI. So, please open your web browser and enter the IP address of your NR5101 Router to access its local web interface to do configuration.

Regarding the Nebula portal, at the present, it only provides some feature as IP Passthrough/Router mode configuration, the ability to schedule firmware upgrades or set them to auto-upgrade and monitor your network at any place as well, all without requiring a subscription. Users can configure LAN IP address, DHCP on/off with Nebula Indoor Mobile Router as your NR5101. These features are available with the Base pack.

In summary, you have the option to configure your router either directly through its local GUI without Nebula or via the Nebula portal using the Base pack without need to upgrade the license.

• jgroves56
    Options

Hi Judy, l've tried to sign into my router locally, but it keeps telling me it is managed by Nebula and will not let me in, can you help me please? Thanks John

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi @jgroves56 ,

If you have registered the NR5101 with Nebula, you can find your password by navigating to Nebula Portal > Configure > Site Settings. Devices managed by Nebula will share the same password as the Nebula account.

If you are using a pre-owned NR5101 router and don't know the password, please follow the steps below to reset your router:

1. Insert a thin object into the RESET hole.
    2. Make sure the Mobile Router is connected to power and the POWER LED is on.
    3. Using a thin object, press the RESET button for more than 5 seconds.

For more info, please refer to this link

Nebula Tips & Tricks