switch config "offline" backup in nebula

Options
AdminSys
AdminSys Posts: 17  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment

we watxhed that the saving the switch configuration in Nebula is a paid service. is there a solution to save the configuration offline and move it to another switch, as in the case of stand alone use in web interface?
we can save configuration via ssh?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,673  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @AdminSys,

You can find the configuration by downloading the device's tech support. However, the configuration cannot be restored to another switch which is controlled by Nebula via the switch's web GUI.

Additionally, Nebula provides a one-month Pro pack trial. You may use the configuration management function during the Nebula Pro pack trial period. After Pro pack trial ends, you cannot backup configuration to other switches.

Zyxel Melen

• AdminSys
    AdminSys Posts: 17  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

.. that sounds bad. If a switch fails and I replace it under the site, can I not restore the saved configuration to it, only if I have a Nebula Pro Pack package?

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,673  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @AdminSys,

Nebula Pro Pack provides some advanced functions (including the Backup & Restore function) for users to manage their network in a centralized cloud platform.

If your device fails and gets a replacement, you can use the “Backup & Restore” function or manually set up the replaced switch. In addition, the only thing you need to set is the switch ports setting. The site-wide switch settings will be applied to all switches in the same site. If you have any special requests in the replacement process, you can ask Zyxel local support for help.

Zyxel Melen

Nebula Tips & Tricks