Zyxel DX5401-B0 router assigning new devices to the 192.168.0.nn instead of 192.168.1.nn

Options

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm having a puzzling issue with my Zyxel DX5401-B0 router, and I was hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on it.

Here's the problem: My Zyxel DX5401-B0 router has always used the default 192.168.1.nn network for assigning IP addresses to devices connected to my home network. However, recently, it seems to have started assigning new devices to the 192.168.0.nn network instead.

I haven't made any changes to the router's settings, at least not intentionally, and I can't figure out why this switch in the network assignment is happening. It's causing some connectivity issues with devices that were previously on the 192.168.1.nn network, as they can no longer communicate with the new devices on the 192.168.0.nn network unless I use the Static DHCP option to match MACs to 192.168.1.nn IPs.

I've tried rebooting the router, but that didn't resolve the issue. I also checked the router's web interface, and the subnet mask is still set to 255.255.255.0 for the 192.168.1.nn network. The router's firmware is up to date as well.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue with their Zyxel DX5401-B0 router or any other router for that matter? If so, I would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions you may have for troubleshooting this problem.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

All Replies

Consumer Product Help Center