USG20w (flex50w) firmware upgrade failed

Options

Hello,

i have a problem with a USG 20w (flex50w). The firmware is 5.30 (both running and standby) and i cannot manage to upgrade to 5.37.

I tried with online upgrade, local upgrade (this one with 3 different firmwares). Each time Tera Term is reporting that the firmware is "incompatible" (no reboot to install).

Usally, i use the standby to regress to a lower version and after that i can update the firmware normally.

So my question is: is there a way to regress the firmware (like some kind of "real" reset factory) in order to be able to update the USG ?

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

kind regards.

Olivier.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 624  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

USG20W-VPN was already renamed to USG FLEX 50W since V5.20, please make sure the firmware code is ABAR which is for USG FLEX 50W.
    To reset factory the device, you may press the reset button on the front panel for over 5 seconds.

Moreover, is it both partitions cannot be upgraded? Have you tried to upgrade the standby partition?

All Replies

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 624  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

USG20W-VPN was already renamed to USG FLEX 50W since V5.20, please make sure the firmware code is ABAR which is for USG FLEX 50W.
    To reset factory the device, you may press the reset button on the front panel for over 5 seconds.

Moreover, is it both partitions cannot be upgraded? Have you tried to upgrade the standby partition?

• conectia
    Options

Hi Zyxel_James

Thanks for your answer.

I did that (switching partition) and it worked… for me it's not logical (both were in the same version 5.30) BUT it's working like that so i'm not going to complain or inquire the matter any further (i'm not knowledgeable enough for that).

Thanks again for your anwser !

kind regards.

Olivier.

Nebula Tips & Tricks