Nebula Setup /AP Setup

Options

Hi

In my setup - I have a usb flex100w connected to Zyxel switch (XS1930-12hp) which my wax 640s AP is connected to. However the AP is online and I can access the internet but within nebula it is showing offline. Physically on the AP - the light is green for two seconds and then flashes orange for a second and then goes back to green. Any suggestions ?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,670  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Gurmstar,

It looks like your AP cannot connect to Nebula, please check

1. AP has an IP address and DNS server.
    2. AP can connect to the router/Internet.
    3. AP can resolve d.nebula.zyxel.com.
    4. Firewall doesn't block the protocol 4335/6667.
    5. There's no IP conflict in your network.

You also can reference this FAQ:

Hope it helps

Zyxel Melen

• Gurmstar
    Options

Hi

thanks - both the switch and firewall are connected to NCC and are managed through this.

the wifi is working and clients can connect - when checking the topology of the network - the wifi clients all seem to be directly connected to the switch rather than the AP which is offline but is providing wifi and connecting clients to the internet through the switch and firewall.

is the ip conflict between switch and AP how would that be resolved?

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,670  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Gurmstar,

You can check the event log of your firewall and filter "IP conflict" to check if there is an IP conflict that occurred before.

By the way, could you help enable Zyxel support and provide the organization and site name in PM for me to check?

Please go to Help (On the top of right) > Support Request > Zyxel support Access to enable and save.

Zyxel Melen

Nebula Tips & Tricks