WAX610D no 5GHz Network

Options

Hi Zyxel Community,

I bought a WAX610D categorized as new on eBay but after configuring it exactly like my NWA210AX no devcice is able to find the 5GHz Network I set up. I did a factory reset installed the latest firmware and double checked all settings but no success. 2,4 GHz works fine. Could please someone from Zyxel check my diagnostic files to confirm that the 5GHz radio is broken? Thank you!

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 577  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @tesox

Upon reviewing your diagnostic file, it appears that the 5GHz VAP (Zy*******5G) configured by you is functioning correctly. It is successfully transmitting power and channel load data, as indicated in the provided diagnostic file. However, there are currently no clients connected to this 5GHz SSID. Despite your attempts to connect with multiple client devices, you have not been able to detect the 5GHz SSID.

We suspect that the root cause of the missing 5GHz SSID issue may be related to a malfunction in the signal amplifier, indicating a hardware problem. To address this, we recommend initiating the RMA process with your local reseller.

Thank you for your cooperation. 😀

Kay

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @tesox

Could you please collect the diagnostic file from your AP and send it to us via private message? This will help us to look into your problem directly.

Here is a guide on how to collect diagnostic information from your AP:

Once we have received the diagnostic file, we will review it and get back to you.

Kay

• Zyxel_Kay
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @tesox

Upon reviewing your diagnostic file, it appears that the 5GHz VAP (Zy*******5G) configured by you is functioning correctly. It is successfully transmitting power and channel load data, as indicated in the provided diagnostic file. However, there are currently no clients connected to this 5GHz SSID. Despite your attempts to connect with multiple client devices, you have not been able to detect the 5GHz SSID.

We suspect that the root cause of the missing 5GHz SSID issue may be related to a malfunction in the signal amplifier, indicating a hardware problem. To address this, we recommend initiating the RMA process with your local reseller.

Thank you for your cooperation. 😀

Kay