Zyxel NSA310S can't create directorys

Options

Hello

I've tried to be the local admin with the full rights. I can create within browser but when I connect via Filezilla FTP, it is saying  550 Can't create directory: No such file or directory. I'm trying to create a new folder into / (root).

This makes me crazy, my Reolink IP camera won't save footage there too because it is saying almost the same (disk full or not enough permissions) but I am using the built-in account with full permissions!!!!

Please help!

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,728  Guru Member
    Community MVP First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    edited November 2023
    Options

I'm trying to create a new folder into / (root).

At the same level as the shares? That won't work, you can only create directories within a share. The root doesn't really exist. Shares can be on different volumes (well, not on a NSA310, but on a multidisk NAS), so the root would be undefined.

• Siirub
    Options

Okay!

Other way it works, if I try to make a folder in admin folder, that works BUT my Reolink camera still won't do it. I type the path /admin/video and type in my user and password but it just says that I need to check if HDD is full or if I have permissions. All 2TB is free and permissions are FULL.

What to do?

• Mijzelf
    Options

I'd have a look with either filezilla server or wireshark to see what the camera is trying to do. Maybe it just can't handle a mandatory subdirectory.

• Siirub
    Options

I see from Zyxel that the camera is logging in with the credentials but logs out again. Any tips how I can use FileZilla to see how other devices are connecting?

• Mijzelf
    Options

What do you mean? The logging of Filezilla server is quite extensive. At least it's on the Linux version. So you should be able to see what the client is doing.

Consumer Product Help Center