usg20w-vpn drops internet on wan interface every 45 minutes

udoc
udoc Posts: 3  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment

HI,

running usg20w-vpn with latest firmware. this setup was working for years behind a surfboard8200 modem and comcast internet. we upgraded service to 500mb and now internet signal drops after 45 minutes and does not return w/o reboot. comcast says it is firewall. how can i get more details from firewall device?

when internet drops, i can connect to usg web interface from internal devices still when at office.

any thoughts on what may be occurring or direction to research?

thanks.

All Replies

• udoc
    udoc Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment

…I also tried with comcast business modem in router mode and cascade to usg but usg still drops.

tried comcast device in bridge mode and drops. tried a different netgear brand router also and still dropped at 45 minutes.

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,152  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Answers

Do pings drop? Run

ping -t 1.1.1.1

Do a packet capture on USG for the WAN note make captured packet files size big then when it drops on a idle connection with ping look at ARP the DHCP

another thing you can do is put a switch between modem and USG to see if thats stable.

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,169  Zyxel Employee
    Third Anniversary 100 Answers 500 Comments Friend Collector

Hi @udoc

We suggest you check the monitor log(Monitor > Log) to see if there are any suspicious logs during the internet drop. Besides, when the internet drops which device do you reboot it? Is the usg20w-vpn or SURFboard 8200 modem?

Here's an unusual situation: even if you use a different brand of router, the internet still drops every 45 minutes. This could be related to the ISP environment or the modem. Thanks.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

Security Highlight