Is there a new setup for 320 MHz channel with wifi 6?

Options
GiuseppeR
GiuseppeR Posts: 106  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Hello,

I'm configuring a new network and I see that the wifi 6 channel width is now set at 320 MHz while I have all the other Companies set at 160 MHz when using the preset SingleAP.

Is this a mistake or not?

Is the new standard config?

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 568  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @GiuseppeR

The radio settings you see in the interface are global settings for all access points and security routers’ radio. It's important to note that the 320MHz channel width option in the 6GHz band is exclusively supported by Wi-Fi 7 devices. If your site doesn't include any Wi-Fi 7 devices, the maximum channel width you can utilize for the 6GHz band will be limited to 160MHz. You can confirm this by checking the options available at the bottom of the radio settings interface.

As an example, in my Nebula network setup with a Wi-Fi 6E security router, the highest channel width option I can select for the 6GHz band is 160MHz. This is because Wi-Fi 6E, while extending into the 6GHz spectrum, doesn't support the 320MHz channel width – a feature that's unique to Wi-Fi 7.

On another note, we've recently launched a new Wi-Fi 7 access point, the WBE660S. This device might be of interest to you if you're considering upgrading your network infrastructure. You can find more product details here: https://www.zyxel.com/global/en/products/wireless/be22000-wifi-7-triple-radio-nebulaflex-pro-access-point-wbe660s

Kay

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 568  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @GiuseppeR

The radio settings you see in the interface are global settings for all access points and security routers’ radio. It's important to note that the 320MHz channel width option in the 6GHz band is exclusively supported by Wi-Fi 7 devices. If your site doesn't include any Wi-Fi 7 devices, the maximum channel width you can utilize for the 6GHz band will be limited to 160MHz. You can confirm this by checking the options available at the bottom of the radio settings interface.

As an example, in my Nebula network setup with a Wi-Fi 6E security router, the highest channel width option I can select for the 6GHz band is 160MHz. This is because Wi-Fi 6E, while extending into the 6GHz spectrum, doesn't support the 320MHz channel width – a feature that's unique to Wi-Fi 7.

On another note, we've recently launched a new Wi-Fi 7 access point, the WBE660S. This device might be of interest to you if you're considering upgrading your network infrastructure. You can find more product details here: https://www.zyxel.com/global/en/products/wireless/be22000-wifi-7-triple-radio-nebulaflex-pro-access-point-wbe660s

Kay

Nebula Tips & Tricks