Smarthome use GS1900-24E = Impossible .... 😤

All Replies

• QTT1
    QTT1 Posts: 25  Freshman Member
    10 Comments

Should the windows computer be connected via ethernet, if which port ? Or should be Wi-Fi access these ip address ?

• QTT1
    10 Comments

Starlink says that its Decos fault that all hubs are offline. TP-Link point finger to your switch …

• QTT1
    10 Comments

Via wi-fi can't be accessed …. and if the ehtrherned is connected the internet dies right away. How come you dont have app that could be dowloaded from Apple App Store … were in 2000 over 23 years …..

• QTT1
    10 Comments

Yeah done this both addresses can't be accessed

• QTT1
    10 Comments

Do you want to take remote access to PC, if you can't somehow download = use this ZON or get contact to those ip addresses ? I loaned nabourg Windows PC just for this …. to get hubs back online ….

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,111  Zyxel Employee
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments

Hi @QTT1,

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns about using the GS1900-24E in your SmartHome setup. I understand the challenges you're facing and I'm here to assist.

Firstly, I recommend isolating your GS1900-24E. To do this, press the restore button on the front panel for 10 seconds. This action will reload the factory default settings on the switch. After this step, please connect your PC directly to the GS1900-24E. You can log in to the GS1900-24E using the default IP address, which is 192.168.1.1.

Before attempting to log in, it's crucial to ensure that your PC is set up with a static IP address. The recommended settings are 192.168.1.2 for the IP address and 255.255.255.0 for the subnet mask. For guidance on setting up a static IP address, you may refer to the following links:

If you encounter any issues accessing the GS1900 using this method, I suggest trying the ZON Utility. The ZON Utility is a comprehensive tool designed to discover and configure Zyxel switches, WLAN, and gateways within your network. It simplifies the setup process and allows for easy management of Zyxel devices.

For more information on how to use the ZON utility, please refer to this FAQ: ZON Utility FAQ.

Additionally, I have sent you a private message with the download link for the ZON utility. In your response, could you also provide the email address of the local importer to whom you've reported your issue? I would like to follow up and ensure your concerns are addressed promptly.

Zyxel Melen

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! 

• QTT1
    10 Comments

Hi,

done this now several times still:

Page inaccessibleHost 192.168.1.2 took too long to reply
    Try the following:

Search the web for 192 168 1 2
    Check your connection
    Check your proxy server and firewall
    Run Windows Network Diagnostics
    ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Soi o0nce gain please advice how i can get this stich on use ?

BR,

Lasse Kuutti

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,111  Zyxel Employee
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments

Hi @QTT1,

After reload to factory default, the switch will use the default IP address "192.168.1.1". Please try to access the switch via 192.168.1.1 rather than 192.168.1.2.

Second, please make sure your PC has set a static IP address. If it hasn’t, you cannot access the switch. In an isolate network, a network enviroment without a DHCP server, the PC needs a static IP address to connect to other devices.

Below is the example topology and IP setting for you to reference:

For the ZON problem, please reference the below topic for this problem.

Additionally, could you provide the email address of local importer that you send your problem to in the private message? I will help to check what happened to the email you delivered.

Zyxel Melen

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! 

• QTT1
    10 Comments

Hi,

done this now several times still:

Page inaccessibleHost 192.168.1.2 took too long to reply
    Try the following:

Search the web for 192 168 1 2
    Check your connection
    Check your proxy server and firewall
    Run Windows Network Diagnostics
    ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Soi o0nce gain please advice how i can get this stich on use ?

BR,

Lasse Kuutti

• QTT1
    10 Comments

Also please notify the internet dies always if it's connected to via wire to computer to this switch = it blocks the connection from Starling totally …. so Wi-Fi access is only one that can be operated ….

So eaven this program can't see the switch …

Please advice, thanks