Smarthome use GS1900-24E = Impossible .... 😤

QTT1
QTT1 Posts: 25  Freshman Member
10 Comments

Hey,

I have HUGE PROBLEM with this switch ….. the 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.65 = Can't be accessed….

After this came non of the Philips hue, Flick, Hoobs and so on docent work any more when I tried to get more ethernet port for expansion of the system.

Please advise how they could be accessed with this GS1900-24E Switch.

I have to give HUGE props to the TP-Link Deco M4R and StarLink staff have done everything that they can and Amazon has already changed the item for warranty basis……

Zyxel local importer can't be contacted which isn't professional way to handel these kind of issues …. This is the sitsuation in Finland …. 😤

So is it that this device is not meant to be used on Smart homes or what's the deal ?

Please answer if you are the manufacturer of this device ?

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,167  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Answers

You might need to update its firmware?

The switch will get a IP from your router if when the switch is rebooted not connected to a DHCP server its IP will be 192.168.1.1

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,111  Zyxel Employee
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments
    edited November 2023

Hi @QTT1,

I have HUGE PROBLEM with this switch ….. the 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.65 = Can't be accessed….

Since 192.168.1.1 is the default IP address, may I know when you try to access the switch web GUI, the switch is connecting with other devices? I recommend using ZON to find out your switch's IP address first. You also can use ZON to change the switch's IP address.

After this came non of the Philips hue, Flick, Hoobs and so on docent work any more when I tried to get more ethernet port for expansion of the system.

Do you mean the IoT devices were working fine before connecting to the GS1900-24E? Could you share how you connect the IoT devices before connecting to the GS1900-24E and the current topology?

Zyxel Melen

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! 

• QTT1
    10 Comments

on the last same product that is returned to amazon all hubs worked fine …. Now non of the hubs arent online …. Is the Zyxel SwitchBot broken …? Ill try the ZON but if its like Fing that shows Ip addresses = there were 18 Ip addresses showing …. how i know which One is the zyxel ?

• Zyxel_Melen
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments

Hi @QTT1,

ZON will display Zyxel devices only, please reference the screenshot below. In addition, you can find the support mode in this link.

Zyxel Melen

• QTT1
    10 Comments

this only takes on the product page …… how it helps …. I have allready buyer the item …

• QTT1
    10 Comments

"Windows operating system" so Mac users can't use this or … ?

• QTT1
    10 Comments

So now windows computer in the house still the http://DHCP-assigned IP or http://192.168.1.1 or ZON…. what evert it is isnt on your website ,,,, ? There is .Mib files …. dont know that windows store offers russian language app to open it …. or .bix files that comes up somekind of photo prosessing app on windows store …. come on.

Please provide direct link to RIGHT "ZON" if there is different programs to get this switch to work ….

• QTT1
    10 Comments

http://DHCP-assigned IP or http://192.168.1.1cant be accesed …. BTW your finnish importer is a joke … over 40min waiting now 6 days last and this week still please continue waiting. Sented three emails = no answers …. whats theyr role = nothing …

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,167  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Answers

unplug switch from router and reset it do not connect it to router connect PC to switch with fixed IP 192.168.1.2 then connect to switch 192.168.1.1

• Zyxel_Melen

Hi @QTT1,

Please isolate your switch from other devices and press the restore/reset button for 10 seconds to reload the factory default first. Then, connect the PC to the switch with fixed IP 192.168.1.2 and use 192.168.1.1 to access your switch.

Zyxel Melen