Nebula FWA710 vlan missing

Options
bluechris
bluechris Posts: 7
Friend Collector First Comment
edited November 2023 in Nebula

Hello to all

Yesterday i received my FWA710.

I updated to the latest firmware version, i had add it to the Nebula account and i managed to successfully connect to internet with it.

Now i have a problem. The reasons i bought the FWA710 was the special price that had the last days(we wanted the 7101 initially), secondly that we wanted in company an external 5G router and finally the ability to have multiple APNs that we will control them throw vLans.

The problem is that the FWA710 hides this options when you go to network setting —> broadband and you edit there a wan, you see this screen

its obvious that half of the settings are missing but during the loading of the page the settings are there

In the life of me i dont know what i must do to show this settings, i need the vlan feature for certain.

Also in the manual of the FWA710 the settings in page 109 show this settings.

Can someone help please?

Kind Regards

Chris

Athens-Greece

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• bluechris
    Options

I forgot to mention that i also cannot alter in the WAN interface the ipv4/ipv6 mode. What ever i choose in there and i hit apply, it doesn't change.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 952  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your interest in Zyxel products.

We have replicated the two issues you reported and are actively investigating them. We will keep you informed and provide updates as soon as we find solutions or further insights.

Thank you for your patience!

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hello Chris,

The Nebula FWA710 functions as an outdoor mobile router. Indeed, the Cellular WAN settings page corresponds to your first screenshot. As for the second screenshot, it displays settings for an indoor mobile router, the Nebula FWA510 as an example, which you can learn more about here: Nebula FWA510.

Regarding the discrepancy you noticed in the screen display during loading and after completion, we appreciate your observation and are considered submitting a feature request to address this in a future update. Your feedback is invaluable to us.

We are also actively investigating your second reported issue and will update you as soon as we have any new information.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

• bluechris
    Options

Dear Judy

Before i buy the router i had read the whole manual because i wanted as i expressed in my 1st post dual APNs with vLans. It was a crucial feature for me. In page 109 of the manual it doesnt say that is not for the FWA710 and till this model all the Zyxel 5G routers had all the settings. I dont understand why this model must be cripled of the settings? If i knew that i would had bought the NR7101.

Also how i can change the MTU? you see its not only the vLan support but more things in there are missing

Kind Regards

Chris

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi Chris,

Apologies for lack of noting the difference between Indoor and Outdoor mobile routers in our manual's page 109 and 110. The current Mobile router manual is a general guide for all mobile routers, as indicated on page 1&2. We acknowledge the need for clarity and will update the manual accordingly to make it easier for users to navigate.

I also want to inform you that the NR7101 is an outdoor mobile router, similar to the FWA710, there is no VLAN setting in the Cellular WAN page looks like your first screenshot. If the APNs with VLANs feature, as mentioned in your first post, is vital for you, we recommend contacting your reseller to consider switching to an indoor mobile router like the FWA510 or NR5101.

Thank you for your understanding and feedback!

• bluechris
    Options

Dear Judi

You understand that you just told me to replace the FWA710 with an indoor router? How much time this will last in the outside?

Anyway at least can you do something for the other options in the cellular wan like the crucial setting which is the MTU?

Kind Regards

Chris

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your feedback.

I would like to share with you about the Nebula FWA710 and, more broadly, outdoor mobile routers (MRs). Nebula Outdoor MRs are designed with the industrial-grade components with outdoor-friendly design making it possible to work in harsh environment conditions. They can serve as the backbone network for your home or company, connecting via Ethernet cable. Typically, these outdoor MRs are connected to a main router or firewall. It's important to note that outdoor MRs only support a 2.4GHz wireless network, which is intended primarily for configuration purposes.

In contrast, indoor MR models like the FWA510 and NR5101 are capable of functioning independently, equipped with a comprehensive set of features. However, these indoor MRs are not designed for harsh environments.

If you require a wireless network for outdoor settings, I recommend exploring outdoor access points that are specifically built to withstand such conditions.

Hope it helps!

• bluechris
    Options

Dear Judi

I never mentioned that i need the Wifi of an outdoor router and i dont understant what this has to do with the settings that are missing.

Its an outdoor router and correctly Zyxel has wifi only to be able to alter settings for it. Anyone who buys an outdoor 5G router, buys it because he has the need for better signal and also whoever buys a router like that for sure has other router for the company like we have here.

I want to thank you in advance for your support and i wait patienly for a new firmware that will show some settings that are missing.

Also i forgot to mention that the device is a great professional product and the sort amount of time i have it i am impressed of the durability and the settings that he has. The signal also is great if you install it correctly and i have only good words for it.

Kind Regards

Chris

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your feedback!

Before creating a feature request, we need to clarify the specific application requirements for using multiple APNs and controlling them through VLANs. This includes understanding the purpose, such as whether different traffic types should use different APNs, among other considerations. We also explore if there are alternative solutions that can fulfill your needs.

• bluechris
    Options

Dear Judi

There is no special application except that one of the greek providers here (Cosmote) gives with 2nd APN and if you request it, the ability to have public IP with reduced speed. This is very good and you can put 2 APNs with one sim card and pass to you lan the 2nd Apn connection with a 2nd vlan. We do the above here succsesfully with MIkrotik routers. At this moment i can use the 1st APN or the 2nd but not both simultaneously.

Also some providers here in Greece want 1500mtu and some others 1372 and this setting is also missing in the FWA710. I havent spot any other brand that sells 5G routers that has not the setting for the MTU really.

Kind Regards

Chris

Nebula Tips & Tricks