2 serious problems with Multy M1 WSM20 (kit of 3)

Options
TipoTimido
TipoTimido Posts: 14  Freshman Member
10 Comments Friend Collector

Good morning, I have been using the Zyxel Multy M1 WSM20 Mesh system with firmware: V1.00(ABZF.6)C0 for a month now and I realized that there are 2 very big problems that penalize the efficiency of the system:

1) Trio does not automatically manage devices in the mesh after a system reboot. After a reboot of the trio, the devices in the field connect to the first of the 3 that goes online and remain connected to it even if it is not the closest. This thing is alarming. After 2 days the situation is unchanged, the only thing I can do is go to the device in the field, turn OFF its wifi and turn it back ON and behold it connects to the nearest M1. But that's not good practice every time.

2) When the DNS line drops and therefore the trio shows the red light, it is another problem. When the internet connection comes back ON, only the master comes back online and the two satellites "disappear" from both the app and the management web page. Zero. There is no trace and no way to restart them other than physically going behind the M1, turning them OFF and ON again. This is extremely frustrating. If I open the app it's as if a mesh system had never existed, it only shows me the master M1 alone and it doesn't say "something is missing" such as "I can't find satellite 1 and 2" no, it doesn't say anything, the 2 satellites are simply absent and only the master is shown.

Have you also encountered these problems? is there a solution for this?

All Replies

• DrScana
    Options

Found same bugs,

Also can assure there is a sort of conflict with Intel AX200 wireless adapter (last driver avaible from Intel).
    Have got 2 of them in two different notebook and all of them as lag problem with Multy M1.

Bug that you report in point 1 is a really problem using Luna Controller through Amazon Luna Games. Controllor keep switching through WiFi and is unusable.

I will decide to give back the Multi M1 trio or try OpenWRT (but i don't use Linux and never used OpenWRT before)

• TipoTimido
    edited December 2023
    Options

do you know how to open a Tiket to Zyxel? This trio is pretty new (1 month life) I don’want to send back. @Zyxel_Adam @Zyxel_Andrew @Zyxel_Barney @Zyxel_Bella

this is a concrete problem. And happen every time. You can try it out. We have to go in the site and reboot manually the 2 satellites. This is really frustrating.

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,087  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @TipoTimido

To report issues with the Multy model, please click 'Send Feedback" on the Multy APP.

Best Regards,

Jerry

• TipoTimido
    Options

ok thans.

• TipoTimido
    Options

Consumer Product Help Center