LAN ->WAN & WAN <- LAN max speed

Options

Hi,

I recently bought this product (3 pack), the configuration it's pretty easy.

I connected the 3 AP using a wired connection, the cable I used for the backhaul are 1 cat 6 the first satellite end a cat 5 for the second satellite.

For the WAN port I used a cat6.

The ISP provide an internet connection up to 1Gb, the max speed connect my laptop directly to ISP's router is about 800mps in upload and in download.

As you can see in the attached screenshot the max download speed is capped to 200mps.

I tried to use my laptop connected directly with the mail Zyxel router obtaining the same results.

Could you explain me why? There's some known issue?

Many thanks for the support

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,087  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @MrSwaret

Please send us the send feedback log on the Multy APP.
    Here are the steps to send us the feedback.

• MrSwaret
    Options

Many thanks for the quick reply. However, the issue is only partially solved. Right now, the download speed has increased, but it's still not reaching 800MB/s as it should be. The current speed is 650MB/s. I tested the download speed with the ISP router, and the maximum download speed is 880MB/s.

I would like to test the M1 directly connected to the ISP drop, but in order to set up this configuration, I have to input the VLAN ID for the PPPoE connection. This value is required by my ISP. I have checked everywhere on the Android app and local website, but I couldn't find where to set the VLAN ID. Could you please guide me to this setting?

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,087  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @MrSwaret

The Multy M1 does not support PPPoE with VLAN ID on the WAN interface. You can attempt to use bridge mode and connect it to the ISP router for testing purposes.

• MrSwaret
    Options

If you are guessing why people choose to install openwrt, now you know the answer...

@Zyxel_Jerry many thanks for you prompt response.

Regards

MS

Consumer Product Help Center