About XS1930-12HP 4.80(ABQF.3 or 2) upgrade and reboot endless

Options

Dear Sir/Madam

I'm new user for this switch, I've encounter a problem after upgrade 4.8(ABQF.3)CO the switch encounter endless reboot, now I can't login. as follow ping result,

I've also purchase another 2 same model switch, one behavior is the same, fortunately I could change the backup firmware before it's reboot, and the detail as following

the very first one I'm using have no problem on the firmware.

so my question is:

1. why could this happen, (I'm using No.2 switch test 4.80 all 3 versions on the website, all failed)
  2. how could I recover the No.3 (repeated reboot one) switch from not rebooting and normally use.
  3. if you guys need more info just let me know.

Thank you guys.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,934  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Mitzong,

From the ping result, your switch does not look like it has an upgrade failure issue. If the switch has a firmware upgrade failure, you probably cannot ping the switch since the switch hasn't enabled the interface when it is rebooting. To better clarify this problem, please isolate your XS1930, which means one XS1930 does not connect to other devices but only your Windows PC, and use the ZON utility to find your switch and access it. The below FAQ guides you on how to use ZON.

If your PC is not a Windows PC, please install Nmap to find your switch and access it.

1. If your switch was set to static IP but you cannot find it now, please configure your PC a static IP address within this subnet and scan with the command sudo nmap -sP -n <the IP subnet you set/24>.
    2. If your switch was set to DHCP, please reboot the switch by replugging the power cable. Configure your PC a static IP address with 192.168.1.100 and scanning with the command sudo nmap -sP -n 192.168.1.0/24.
    3. You will find the switch's IP address with its MAC address.

• Mitzong
    Options

Hi Melen

Thank you for answering my question, here I need to say the situation more clearly.

first, yes, my upgrade is successfully, upload the firmware, and flash, the switch even giving me the success words. but when I choosing to reboot, as you can see my ping result, that 18 lines of responds repeated appear, what I captured is only one of them. And during that 18 lines of time I do can access and login to the switch, but after that … reboot and reboot by itself, until I choose boot with Firmware 2 if I could successfully change that setting within 18 seconds.

My second switch was same result, only I was able to change the boot from Firmware 2 in time. this is 3rd one, I suppose using this as a firmware test, but after first boot, it will asking you to skip some guidence, then to the main page, that will took some seconds. so I was able to finish changing the firmware in time.

Thank you providing me the software and I'll try that first and later get back to you.

Have a nice Day!

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @Mitzong,

Thanks for your detailed information. To better clarify your issue, could you help collect the tech support file for me to check? Please go to Menu > Maintenance > Tech support page and click all Download button to download the tech support file. I will send a private message to you and please provide the tech support in the private message.

• Zyxel_Melen
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi @Mitzong,

Thanks for your tech support. After checking, we found your switch crashed after boot up and it was due to IPv6. May I know do you use any IPv6 service in your network? And were there any changes between 12/06 and 12/16?

• Mitzong
    Mitzong Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

Hi sorry for the late reply, I actually not using any IPv6 in my network, but I can receive the IPv6 from my OpenWRT router. so for now I didn't on purposely do any setting on this part.

as far as I can recall, from 12/06 to 12/16 I didn't do anything, since I still in the biz trip or I didn't figure out how to proceed, so I just pull out the power and put it away.

Since you ask, I'm not sure if it will be a problem or not. before 12/06, my brand new switch was stored in my basement, which in winter it might be aroud 10 degree or less, when I bring to my room it still quite cold, immediately I can feel some humid air, until after I failed to upgrade the firmware. and 12/16 it was there in the room about 23 degree already, so both my 2nd and 3rd machine are all warm. this is only thing I felt different compare the failure. hope this can also help you guys.

• Zyxel_Melen
    edited January 4
    Options

Hi @Mitzong ,

Thanks for your feedback. Could you back up the OpenWRT's configuration? We would like to reproduce this issue in our office. Please provide the configuration in the previous private message. Thanks in advance.

By the way, since we have confirmed that the switch crashed due to IPv6 packets, we think the temperature of the storage should not be related to this issue.